DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Repair Issues & Costs

droneryder98

Reactions
I'm getting two separate error codes on my Mavic 3 regarding the gimbal and camera. I also don't have any picture coming from the camera. I've never crashed it. It's been used very sparingly (easily less than 10 hours on it).

I chatted with DJI support and they said they're having parts supply issues and can't take it for repair at this time. I reached out to the Drone Nerds who say they have the camera in stock but are having software issues with my model of drone and haven't found a workaround yet. They also quoted the camera replacement at $1,100, claiming they're only marking it up $60 and that DJI replacement cameras are insanely expensive right now.

I'm just curious if anyone else has been in a similar boat lately? I can buy a refurbished Mavic 3 for that same price! $1200 for the camera repair seems ridiculous when the unit was purchased brand new for about $1,500. I'm halfway wondering if I shouldn't just trade it in and get a non-DJI product at this point.

I would love to hear other pilots thoughts/experiences on this!

I chatted with DJI support and they said they're having parts supply issues and can't take it for repair at this time.
This is Strange Because Unless you have an Enterprise Series, DJI is NOT going to fix your Drone.
They are going to quote you a repair price, and once they receive your Drone it goes into the shredder. The DJI warehouse is told to send you a Refurb.
Honestly DJI has warehouses filled to the Brim with Refurbs. Who are you "chatting with" ? DJI?
The drone nerds are charging 1100? that is kinda high. A gimble for your Drone is not to hard to get I can get one right now for 650.00 ready to install. NOW- Add the cost of getting the Cameras serial matched to your Drone (100) and the Drone nerds are making 350.00 for the repair.
I fly non DJI too....... IT AINT CHEAP!

Last edited:
This is Strange Because Unless you have an Enterprise Series, DJI is NOT going to fix your Drone.
They are going to quote you a repair price, and once they receive your Drone it goes into the shredder. The DJI warehouse is told to send you a Refurb.
Honestly DJI has warehouses filled to the Brim with Refurbs. Who are you "chatting with" ? DJI?
The drone nerds are charging 1100? that is kinda high. A gimble for your Drone is not to hard to get I can get one right now for 650.00 ready to install. NOW- Add the cost of getting the Cameras serial matched to your Drone (100) and the Drone nerds are making 350.00 for the repair.
I fly non DJI too....... IT AINT CHEAP!
If they throw all of them in the shredder what are they refurbishing??

They have a whole division that does nothing but make Drones from surplus parts, either overstocked or sent in and scrapped. They may pull the arms and gimbles and such, BUT a majority goes. If they had a "Repair center" the cost to fix your Drone would probably exceed the cost of a new one. Thats one of the Reasons why If you Purchase an Enterprise you will be offered a Service plan from a nearby DJI Authorized Repair shop.

Gimbals have always been the most difficult and glitchy thing to repair. I had two places quote me and each said they were just going to replace the entire gimbal and camera, despite just one arm of the gimbal having an issue. Cost, $750 and $795. Plus, they charged $45 just to look at and diagnose the problem plus shipping cost.

I lost money already doing that. Then a guy in Virginia said he could repair it and charged me $135 but returned it and it still had issues. He had it back and then said it is now really repaired. It was not. He said he would refund me, but the bastard never did. So if anyone wants to know who, send me a private message.

In the end, I sent it to DJI had it diagnosed in a week for a repair cost of $350. DJI hourly labour charges were less than the two independents charge. I agreed to DJI doing the repair and they sent me a new one which was back with me 9 days after I sent mine off, and they paid for shipping each way.

I would only use DJI in future, if I needed a repair. I wasted a bunch of money and weeks in time by trying the other route. Send it off and get a refurbished unit, at least it will again be under warranty for a year.

DJI repair is always fair and easy, just get a repair ticket and rest easy. 1 to 2 weeks a new one arrives. Shipping paid both ways

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabut