Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI repair New Jersey my review

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bekanne

Reactions
In case anyone will be using the DJI New Jersey repair shop:

I sent my MPP in for a repair of the shell. It had a crack. Nothing else was wrong with it.
This particular drone and it's controller was three weeks old.

I received back the drone and controller yesterday. The drone looks fine. The controller, however, looks scratched and the antennas are lose. My registration sticker had been lifted off and replaced in a different section on the controller. Why? Rhetorical question.

If it is my controller, they mistreated it. I haven't used it yet to see if it works okay.
To get back an abused controller is disappointing. I sent it in in new condition. It came back in rough condition. But the drone is fixed.

I've been a Mavic pilot to this point. DJI has a good reputation.
This was not good, though. Hopefully I won't need to use the repair shop again in the future.

Make of it what you want.

Was there any prior discussion of replacing the controller if it couldn't be repaired? That said, even if they advised a replacement might occur you would hope they would send one in like new condition.

Whoa! Sounds like you had a pretty bad experience. I feel bad for you, and I hope it doesn't happen again. When I crashed my Spark, I had to send it all the way to Texas to get "evaluated." Supposedly, it qualified for a replacement, so DJI just sent me a brand new drone. I had the Care Refresh, but at the time I didn't know it was still under the six months' warranty, so I got a new drone free. It's too bad you got a different experience.

Reactions: Bekanne
i would complain it stuff like this that looses custom no matter how good the product is

Reactions: Bekanne
Was there any prior discussion of replacing the controller if it couldn't be repaired? That said, even if they advised a replacement might occur you would hope they would send one in like new condition.
They requested the controller be sent in with the drone. The drone was the only repair.
The cost to replace the back shell piece was $195 for parts and labor.
The controller was not part of the repair. They ask for it so they can test the drone after the repair.

I sent my MPP in for a repair of the shell. It had a crack. Nothing else was wrong with it.

I received back the drone and controller yesterday. The drone looks fine. The controller, however, looks scratched and the antennas are lose. My registration sticker had been lifted off and replaced in a different section on the controller. Why? Rhetorical question.

If it is my controller, they mistreated it. I haven't used it yet to see if it works okay.
To get back an abused controller is disappointing. I sent it in in new condition. It came back in rough condition. But the drone is fixed.

This was not good, though. Hopefully I won't need to use the repair shop again in the future.

If your talking about www.djidroneservice.com lets ask Steive about this as they are venders. I have used them and am at the moment and have always had no issues with them.@djidroneservice

Reactions: old man mavic

definitely sounds strange

whats your ticket # so i can look into it

I received 2 messages on my voice mail and do not know which to return the call.
Peter
I think the other is Tim?

I would call the number and speak with whomever answers the phone and give them your ticket number. Hopefully there is a positive resolution to this - please keep the forums updated

I received 2 messages on my voice mail and do not know which to return the call.
Peter
I think the other is Tim?
Pleasure chatting,

Let me know how the test flight goes and thanks for giving us a chance to sort this out

Pleasure chatting,

Let me know how the test flight goes and thanks for giving us a chance to sort this out

@djidroneservice thanks for stepping up and taking care of this situation. We all make mistakes (I make LOTS) and it's how we handle those problems that leave the biggest impressions.

Don't I get a cookie at least.gif

Whoaaaa I flagged em....
Don't i get at least get a little credit

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: dirkclod and DDS
What was the outcome, did you get a replacement controller ?

No controller replacement. It's working, but I do still think it was not my controller.
As for the drone. I thought it was fine. At closer look the section that was replaced for a crack they failed to put a screw in.
Note that I have 2 MPP. This one I bought in December. It's in new condition, or was. The controller I sent initially was stiff new. It's not now.
Maybe it had a rough shipping. Idk.
Since returned, there's a missing screw near the back wing in the body. I had to send it back for another repair.
That could have been horrible had I not noticed and the craft vibrate apart in the air.
Steve with the New Jersey repair place sent another shipping label has offered to make sure it's fixed right and send it back to me in a carry case.

I read the website well and DJI drone service repair appeared to be an authorized DJI repair service and the members here highly recommend. But a member sent to me a forum mail to tell me they are not authorized DJI.

So I don't know what to think. I hope I get back my drone and wish I could know it's my controller, all fixed and fine.

So the result is DJI drone service repair Steve is making an effort to set things right.
When my drone (and hopefully my newish 3 week old controller and not some older one switched out) comes back this time the issue can be put to rest.
I will know more in about 8 to 10 more days. I'll give an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard