Join Us Now

DJI service, quality? Did I Cause This?

Marcass Carcass

Reactions
What did I do?
right.jpg
left.jpg

Short version:

It will cost $91 to have it repaired or $70 to use a refresh.
I have never crashed/hit anything with it.....
This literally appeared out of nowhere, I have always supported drone from underneath when installing battery....

WHAT DID I DO WRONG HERE?

How old is the drone? I suppose you could have taken out a 2 year care refresh.
If under a year I would say it is a warranty issue rather that a care refresh, or anything else, matter and should be FOC.
I believe I have seen other threads mention similar cracking, if I am correct that would support it be a warranty matter.

How old is the drone? I suppose you could have taken out a 2 year care refresh.
If under a year I would say it is a warranty issue rather that a care refresh, or anything else, matter and should be FOC.
I believe I have seen other threads mention similar cracking, if I am correct that would support it be a warranty matter.
less than a year, another year of refresh too. Yes I seen cracking threads myself, that's why I NEVER installed battery on ground...Anyways I am in round 4 of emails with them.... they just got my flight records

I hope you backed the logs up first, just so that you have copies of what was sent, no other reason.
Just in case you have concerns about them asking for logs, I would have expected them to do so, so that seems routine to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marcass Carcass
Many people have complained of this especially with the early models. This is definitely a manufacturing defect within the molding process or the plastic. Some people have gotten DJI to replace them (at least early on) but some people have taken to remedies such as drilling a small hole to keep it from spreading or adding a wrap to hopefully spread out the stresses on that area. It's been a known issue ever since they first came out.

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mertyaldiz