DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI "service" ?

Pol

Reactions
Just want share my frustrations with you guys.

A few days ago the rubber band on my Mavic RC split (just like that, over night) I took as evidence to DJI.
IMG_6177.JPG
Something very easy to fix I was thinking.
Boy, was I wrong!!
DJI wants me send the complete RC to them. Are they kidding me, I thought.
No they're not......
Below the e-mail conversations:

My mail to DJI:

Today I wanted to fly again with my Mavic, but found out that the rubber strap on the remote was loose.
Upon further inspection, I saw that it was torn.
Because my Mavic is still within the warranty, I would like to ask you if I can get a new rubber strap?
In the attachments you will find the bill, a photo of the RC stick with broken rubber strap and a photo of the RC back with any necessary data.

DJI reaction:

Thank you for contacting DJI.
We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product. Unfortunately after checking your email and attach photo we do suggest that you send it to us for repair.
To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE (https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area)

To check on the case status click: HERE (https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/MyCase)

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.

Thank you for choosing DJI.

My reply:

Dear DJI employee,

Somewhat surprised I received a reaction from the store where I bought a Mavic Pro with RC. (see Appendix)
On my RC the rubber band is split. No insurmountable disturbance seems to me, right?
Something that I can easily "repair" my self.
My question is therefore: "Why do I have to miss my RC, for how long?" Now that it is such a beautiful weather to fly my Mavic Pro in?"
Wouldn't it be easier for all parties (the shop where I bought the Mavic, me and DJI) (and therefore much cheaper) to send me the rubber band and "mount" it myself?
What can go wrong ??????
Hopefully you think the same as I do and the shop employee.

Thank you in advance for your kind cooperation,
Sincerely,

DJI reply:

With regards to your concern you need to send the remote controller because the part your are requesting is not available in our DJI Store we cannot send you the missing part we need to repair the Remote Controller.
We would appreciate your kind patience.

Best Regards.

My reply:

Dear Theresa,
This sounds so very ridiculous to me!!!
If you can repair the RC in your service department, they will have to have that particular part at hand.
So i.m.h.o. you can also send it to me.
Why, for heaven's sake, do I have to send the RC to your service department if I can repair it myself?
NO shipping costs to you, NO shipping costs back to me, NO risk in getting lost in shipping back and forth, NO waiting for the RC to arrive after weeks, NO nothing, Totally NO disadvantages, only advantages.
Please send this very small item. Again the service/production department MUST have it, so they CAN send it.
I will NOT send the RC to you, because the risk of damage and/or getting lost is to high for me, compaired to the value of the rubber part.
Please don't let me start a negative review/discussion on the quadcopter forums.
Seriously, I hope you understand my point of view and that you will sent me this part a.s.a.p.
Best regards,

DJI reply:

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. With regards to your remote controller we are very sorry but the best thing to do is to send us the unit to repair we cannot send you the parts that you needed. However you can ask our dealer near your place if they have the needed part on your remote controller and if you can purchase. As I have said on my previous email if the missing part is available in our DJI Store we can create a case and send it to you but unfortunately with your case you need it to repair.
We do hope you understand. We would appreciate your kind patience.

Best Regards.

My last reply:

As I told you, I will NOT send the RC for more than one reason.
I think it's a shame that DJI is not WILLING to help me on such a small issue.
For now I'm gonna fly without the rubber part.

Maybe someone from a forum can help me.

DJI has rules, but they are way over the top and NOT customer friendly.
Sorry to say.
Don't take it personal, you are only following some stupid rules.
Have a nice day,

Perhaps they need to replace the stick? Can your dealer swap out the RC. I had an intermittent issue with my Mavic and my dealer swapped out the whole kit.... that said he did say it was an absolute nightmare when he had to return it to DJI.

They would just replace the RC unit with a refurb unit (of unknown pedigree).
Just get a couple of O-rings, or above linked items and save yourself the heartache.
Which you will get...

A few days ago the rubber band on my Mavic RC split (just like that, over night) I took as evidence to DJI.
View attachment 20406
Boy, was I wrong!!
No they're not......

My mail to DJI:

Today I wanted to fly again with my Mavic, but found out that the rubber strap on the remote was loose.
Because my Mavic is still within the warranty, I would like to ask you if I can get a new rubber strap?
In the attachments you will find the bill, a photo of the RC stick with broken rubber strap and a photo of the RC back with any necessary data.

DJI reaction:

We are very sorry to hear about the problem you are having with your DJI product. Unfortunately after checking your email and attach photo we do suggest that you send it to us for repair.
To make the repair process easier and more convenient, we created an Online Repair Request system for you. After filling out the online forms you will receive a case number.

To get started with your online repair request click: HERE (https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area)

To check on the case status click: HERE (https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/MyCase)

Please note: For your protection please do not send any sensitive information, including credit card numbers, via email. This e-mail address is not secured to receive credit card information. Any credit card information received through this e-mail address will be destroyed upon receipt. We apologize for the inconvenience; your protection is our priority.

My reply:

Dear DJI employee,

Somewhat surprised I received a reaction from the store where I bought a Mavic Pro with RC. (see Appendix)
On my RC the rubber band is split. No insurmountable disturbance seems to me, right?
My question is therefore: "Why do I have to miss my RC, for how long?" Now that it is such a beautiful weather to fly my Mavic Pro in?"
Wouldn't it be easier for all parties (the shop where I bought the Mavic, me and DJI) (and therefore much cheaper) to send me the rubber band and "mount" it myself?
What can go wrong ??????

Sincerely,

DJI reply:

With regards to your concern you need to send the remote controller because the part your are requesting is not available in our DJI Store we cannot send you the missing part we need to repair the Remote Controller.

Best Regards.

My reply:

Dear Theresa,
If you can repair the RC in your service department, they will have to have that particular part at hand.
Why, for heaven's sake, do I have to send the RC to your service department if I can repair it myself?
NO shipping costs to you, NO shipping costs back to me, NO risk in getting lost in shipping back and forth, NO waiting for the RC to arrive after weeks, NO nothing, Totally NO disadvantages, only advantages.
Please send this very small item. Again the service/production department MUST have it, so they CAN send it.
I will NOT send the RC to you, because the risk of damage and/or getting lost is to high for me, compaired to the value of the rubber part.
Please don't let me start a negative review/discussion on the quadcopter forums.
Seriously, I hope you understand my point of view and that you will sent me this part a.s.a.p.
Best regards,

DJI reply:

We are very sorry for the inconvenience. With regards to your remote controller we are very sorry but the best thing to do is to send us the unit to repair we cannot send you the parts that you needed. However you can ask our dealer near your place if they have the needed part on your remote controller and if you can purchase. As I have said on my previous email if the missing part is available in our DJI Store we can create a case and send it to you but unfortunately with your case you need it to repair.

Best Regards.

My last reply:

Sorry to say.
Have a nice day,

Not entirely surprised. In my one interaction with dji tech support out of LA I had a feeling he was reading from a script and at the end of the script was written in dark black ink ... tell customer to send it in for repair. I actually called about a message in my log regarding obstacle avoidance to see if they knew anything about it. The person I spoke to had no idea and instead of saying he had no idea presented a case that it must be a defective mp and I needed to send it in. Then we got to talking about upgrading the firmware as he recommended to do via the RC. When we were unable to upgrade due to the 'dl' option for the firmware being no where to be found he then again asked me to send my 2 day old MP in. I told him no thanks. Funny thing is that when I was in China last week at the dji main store and pop up stores the staff seemed to know what they were talking about. Granted I did not have my MP yet and therefore did not have any real problems to be answered.

Regarding your rubber piece splitting - curious how much usage time did you have on the RC?

Last edited:
I'm with you on this. I had to send my Mavic in for repair after I "crashed it" Part of the work was to replace damaged propellers. I won't bore you with the details, but the repair time was way too long and when I got the drone back they hadn't replaced the propellers. It took me nearly 6 weeks to just get propellers, so I was without usage for a total of 3 mos. I almost bought propellers just to expedite the process, and let's not forget the ridiculous amount of time I wasted calling, chatting you name it trying to get someone from DJI to advocate on my behalf. There support is the WORST! Good luck [emoji256]

Reactions: Studoo

View attachment 20406
Boy, was I wrong!!
No they're not......

My mail to DJI:

DJI reaction:

My reply:

Dear DJI employee,

What can go wrong ??????

Sincerely,

DJI reply:

Best Regards.

My reply:

Dear Theresa,
Best regards,

DJI reply:

Best Regards.

My last reply:

Sorry to say.
Have a nice day,
Their customer service stinks. I have my own problem and I am sorry I ever heard of DJI. Good luck.
Paul

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78