DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI smart controller; my opinion

I’d argue that many more people are happy with it than are unhappy with it. People tend to speak up at a significantly higher rate when they are unhappy with something than when they are happy with it.

And I could equally argue that they are not. If someone hasnt bought it, they couldnt be unhappy with it? n'est-ce pas?

Reactions: RogerMav
I’d argue that many more people are happy with it than are unhappy with it. People tend to speak up at a significantly higher rate when they are unhappy with something than when they are happy with it.
I see it that way also. Most people that are happy don't even post threads about it.

And I could equally argue that they are not. If someone hasnt bought it, they couldnt be unhappy with it? n'est-ce pas?
I agree with you also. It they have not bought it their opinion is only on the concept but no real good or bad experience.

I agree with you also. It they have not bought it their opinion is only on the concept but no real good or bad experience.

I have found that some of the best decisions I have ever made, were decisions not to buy something, especially if it was expensive and wasnt right for me. Never regretted it.

Ok, since I’m apparently conversing with someone with a fourth grade mentality, I’ll clarify.

I’d argue that many more people THAT HAVE PURCHASED ONE are happy with it than are unhappy with it. People tend to speak up at a significantly higher rate when they are unhappy with something than when they are happy with it.

(cpas added to emphasize the point of clarification.

Ok, since I’m apparently conversing with someone with a fourth grade mentality, I’ll clarify.

I’d argue that many more people THAT HAVE PURCHASED ONE are happy with it than are unhappy with it. People tend to speak up at a significantly higher rate when they are unhappy with something than when they are happy with it.

(cpas added to emphasize the point of clarification.

Here are the facts. Those who have not bought Smartcontrollers, did not buy them for a reason or reasons. I am one of them who bought one, in fact I have been through a bunch, and Im not happy with it. Its not worth the money, and not worth having to fight to update it like so many people are having to do. You can beta it for me, and get all the bugs out. You can also enjoy using your other device to fly Litchi missions, since the Smartcontroller wont.

Enjoy the "Indian repair dance" in my linked Youtube video.

Here are the facts. Those who have not bought Smartcontrollers, did not buy them for a reason or reasons. I am one of them who bought one, in fact I have been through a bunch, and Im not happy with it. Its not worth the money, and not worth having to fight to update it like so many people are having to do. You can beta it for me, and get all the bugs out. You can also enjoy using your other device to fly Litchi missions, since the Smartcontroller wont.

Enjoy the "Indian repair dance" in my linked Youtube video.

Hi Thunderdrones

I understand your frustration and disappointment
But let just be clear about this situation
SC is very good product with very good ideas
Problem is how DJI handling support of their products
They first release product and after that testing it and fixing problems after they received all this complaints
No body can change this
This is the way how they work
So what I can recommend to all guys how want buy DJI products and stay out of problems
Buy 6-12 month after product was released
So you will have less problems
Otherwise it may turn to nightmare

Good luck

Hi Thunderdrones

I understand your frustration and disappointment
But let just be clear about this situation
SC is very good product with very good ideas
Problem is how DJI handling support of their products
They first release product and after that testing it and fixing problems after they received all this complaints
No body can change this
This is the way how they work
So what I can recommend to all guys how want buy DJI products and stay out of problems
Buy 6-12 month after product was released
So you will have less problems
Otherwise it may turn to nightmare

Good luck

You make some good points. I agree, sometimes its better to let the product mature on the market, let everyone else work out the bugs, then pick up a used one for half price 6 months after release. lol

Reactions: Thomas B
Good discussion, but my issue is my tired old eyes and easiest legibility of my display balanced by convenience.
I am waiting to see if DJI will produce a 7.85” version of the SC. Until then I’ll use my CS.

You make some good points. I agree, sometimes its better to let the product mature on the market, let everyone else work out the bugs, then pick up a used one for half price 6 months after release. lol

Thank you Thunderdrones
Personally for me I getting everything right
After it was released
Some more adrenaline in my blood ?

Good discussion, but my issue is my tired old eyes and easiest legibility of my display balanced by convenience.
I am waiting to see if DJI will produce a 7.85” version of the SC. Until then I’ll use my CS.
Welcome to the TOE club. (tired old eyes)

A 7.85" display would be a welcome addition.

One of the options above may be the answer I’ve been looking for... but lacks the potential simplicity of the SC.
The onscreen info never bothered me, in fact I want it, but SC screen is too small
for me to read it

Or........ just get a 7.85" CS.

Yes, you can get CS monitor with original RC
But in this video I see big plus
With SC you do not move your hands between
Monitor and RC
You hold SC am doing everything in normal way
With CS monitor you use monitor mount
And when you tried to set something on monitor You will have only one hand holding
all this assembly witch is not all the time
comfortable

Yes, you can get CS monitor with original RC
But in this video I see big plus
With SC you do not move your hands between
Monitor and RC
You hold SC am doing everything in normal way
With CS monitor you use monitor mount
And when you tried to set something on monitor You will have only one hand holding
all this assembly witch is not all the time
comfortable

Yes but with the SC, you still need to move your hand to select a menu choice.

Still, I like the look of that setup.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR