DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI smart controller; my opinion

Yes but with teh SC, you still need to move your hand to select a menu choice.

Still, I like the look of that setup.

Yes you are right
Before I get SC I use CS 5.5” monitor
When I get SC I find it is much more easier
and nicer to hold it in your hands
I still have CS only because I use some times
Litchi and SC do not support it yet

Reactions: RogerMav
And I could equally argue that they are not. If someone hasnt bought it, they couldnt be unhappy with it? n'est-ce pas?
I would say that going by the availability, DJI is not having any issues with these not selling. The overwhelming majority of those that have these seem very happy. And the few that are not happy seem to really want to push their point of view across. We get it that you don't like it, its the basis of you starting this thread, but do you need to keep repeating the fact that you personally don't like it everytime someone states that they do like it. We already understand where you stand and don't need you to continue after every favourable review.
I have no intention of trying to get you to change your mind, you should also accept that many love this device, despite its flaws.

Reactions: RogerMav and ff22
I would say that going by the availability, DJI is not having any issues with these not selling.

"Availability" is not a good barometer to judge how well a DJI product sells. DJI has a history of making products "available" and then not having produced them, and disappointing people. If you make a product available for sale, you should have an ample supply when people order them. Thats not always DJI's logic. Ive been a victim of that exact logic.

The overwhelming majority of those that have these seem very happy. And the few that are not happy seem to really want to push their point of view across.

Yes, but the overwhelming number of people who didnt buy them, didnt buy them for a reason, or reasons. You keep seeming to want to push your point of view, and you are welcome to open a different thread on how much you love your SC, and stop whining on my thread. There are many members who appreciate my unbiased point of view.

We get it that you don't like it, its the basis of you starting this thread, but do you need to keep repeating the fact that you personally don't like it everytime someone states that they do like it.

It is my personal and professional opinion. It seems your opinion is different. So be it. Please, by all means, feel free to create your own thread, and just quit reading this one if it bothers you that much. :rolleyes:

I have no intention of trying to get you to change your mind

I think you drink too much coffee.

Reactions: DavidNDC
I thought I saw a thread on the SmartController update causing a malware event. Cant find it now. Anyone?

Hi Thunderdrones

It is absolutely possible
This Android system
It is customized but still Android
So if you browse internet you have risk
To get some viruses or malware
You may try to find some antivirus app
at Amazon store or from apkpure.com

Reactions: Former Member
Ahh, this is “your thread”. I didn’t realise that I had to agree with your point of view to post on it. You may be unbiased, but you don’t like it if others don’t agree with you or argue against your points.
I’ll bear in mind for future posts, that threads started by Thunderdrones belong to you and must accept your point of view to participate (I didn’t think this was how a forum worked- my mistake)

Ahh, this is “your thread”. I didn’t realise that I had to agree with your point of view to post on it. You may be unbiased, but you don’t like it if others don’t agree with you or argue against your points. I’ll bear in mind for future posts, that threads started by Thunderdrones belong to you and must accept your point of view to participate (I didn’t think this was how a forum worked- my mistake)

And a hardy good morning to you, monsieur. Have you had your morning tea yet?

No malware issues that I’ve noticed

*this opinion is protected under the Opinion Act of 2019, all subsequent opinions are invalid unless you like my comment*.

[emoji23]

Reactions: RogerMav
No malware issues that I’ve noticed

*this opinion is protected under the Opinion Act of 2019, all subsequent opinions are invalid unless you like my comment*.

[emoji23]

Ah, my humble apologies.It was ransomware, not malware.

Reactions: ChuckNorrisUSAF
Hey has anyone had their Smartcontroller out in the rain? I want to try a water resistance test, and Im thinking about using it in a Ziploc.

I took a good look at the smart controller and decided it wouldn’t fit my needs. I want a bigger screen for a better FPV experience (and old eyes) and I dislike Android devices due to regular software glitches. I will probably go with iPad, a mount, and a hood as soon as I can convince my financial auditor (wife) that I need to spend even more on my fantastic new hobby.
Look at these for FPV. You can see the screen perfectly to interact with while having great FPV view.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown