DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dji Smart Controller with the new Mavic Mini 2 with OcuSync 2.0 ?

Not if post #22 has any merit, DJI says it can't be done (Very high probability), there is no since in waiting for something they already said is not in the works? When DJI released the Mavic Air 2, they actually mentioned the Smart Controller was coming...and no such was given with the Mini 2.
10 times out of 10 going to a support or social rep for any sort of advanced information just wastes their time and the response is not worth the electricity that was used to display it.
If we had a genuine, named community manager and the company actually empowered them to liaise, then there'd be a remote possibility that they could give us some insight.
As it stands, we probably just have to sit here and hope some VP of Product gets bored and approves doing something for an older product, unless it really is technically impossible, which we will not find out from them one way or the other.

Not if post #22 has any merit, DJI says it can't be done (Very high probability), there is no since in waiting for something they already said is not in the works?
Unsurprisingly, different DJI reps, on different platforms, have given different information. See, for example:

Unsurprisingly, different DJI reps, on different platforms, have given different information. See, for example:
Yeah you go with what you know, first tier DJI is not to be trusted for sure, and I concur they easily can make it work...just will they? The big point is don't "Hope" they will or expect that they should...be surprised if they do :)

I'd love to make the Mini 2 my second drone but not without the ability to use it with the Smart Controller. I'm sure there are others that feel the same. Are you listening DJI ?

Dave S

Reactions: dcpmark
Hi all. Being new to the drone world and absolutely loving my dgi mini 2 (apart from the firmware update is not as good as it was before) I wondered what difference having a smart controller at over 500 quid will make?
Not that it is compatible yet, but it seems only a matter of time.
Will it be worth spending the same money to get an SC as the drone cost in the first place? What benefits will it add, apart from not needing your phone? Cheers

If enough people send comments about it, that may push them to do it.

I could be wrong but I don't see they need much to do it.

With comparison to MA2
All three use Occusync.
All three support using commonly compatible version of Fly (latest actually)
RC component of SC was made compatible with MA2 so hardware should be similar.
RC of MA2 was made compatible with MM2 through firmware update.

Therefore a simple firmware update similar to that applied to MA2 RC should make the SC compatible with MM2.

I realize it might not make sense to buy or market the SC exclusively for the MM2, but many already have the SC for the M2 and/or MA2.

DroneDJ is the last point of reference that I would trust any news from. Very clickbaity to say the least. Their clickbait style seems to resonate with many. Their whole article is based off of a canned DJI response that appear on forums all of the time.

Reactions: halifax
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys