DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Smart Controller

Been able to sync DJI Smart Controller with Mavic Air 2?

• Yes

• No

• Not compatible

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yup 107 doesn't guarantee a great drone pilot no argument there. For myself I am an experienced drone pilot. I live in Hawai'i normally on the North Shore of O'ahu for the past 10 years and have been flying for the last 3 years plus over BIG 50 foot surf and gnarly conditions and hurricane swells I know how to handle my drone you have no choice with Hawaiian mana/energy. Thankfully I had some of the best drone pilots on the planet who shoot for Surfer magazine and more show me how to fly well and efficiently and just hammer through the settings...they are some of the best in the biz it was awesome to see them jam their inspires and Phantoms around the airspace in paradise. I just took 107 to make more money which I do thankfully because of it....just wrapped a $5k gig last weekend shooting for the college I went to photography for....so yup came around FULL circle for that one super grateful. Again nothing to prove....only to myself. I don't do NASCAR it's BORING. lol I did road race Ducati's for years though. I prefer two wheels. :)

Having flown in the Honolulu and Maui, I wonder if some of it has to do with the humility then the wind gusts? I know my OG air was screaming at WaWamlua State Park. It was very gusty and I almost stopped but since I only get to the islands every could years, I was not going to pass up the opportunity. Although the gimble was knocking around the bit so a 15 minute flight meant 3-5 minutes of good video.

I wonder if the delay will coincide with being able to purchase the Air 2 without the supplied controller .That would have suited me

Seems like you might learn to fly drone before you worry about the smart controller...It amazes me how it is always the drones fault....With everyone being pro pilots and all..
Do you know him? have you seen him fly? No? then you're just trolling.
Seems like you might learn how to communicate effectively with other people before spewing on the internet ..

Reactions: bp328i
Humidity and heavy wind may be pushing motor/battery significantly. Could contribute to overheating in Hawaii. Maybe pushing the drone too hard...

Back to the topic of the thread, I think I saw something (unsubstantiated) indicating we may see a firmware update to the SC on August 17th to potentially add MA2 compatibility? Any truth to this rumor?

So just a brighter screen and longer battery life? Several Samsung phones are pushing 800-1200 nits.
And the time to get in the air is also a big difference.
And you dont need to worry about getting a phone call.

So just a brighter screen and longer battery life? Several Samsung phones are pushing 800-1200 nits.

The bright screen and no need to fumble with your phone. I absolutely LOVE my Smart Controller. I have 3 of the Mavic 2's and all 3 are linked to the SC. I fire it up and one of the fleet and I'm ready to fly.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klik4d