DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI urges drone pilots to update apps before map services overhaul

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Why does "It's a Trap" come to mind with all the Remote ID stuff lol..

ppVersion the app should be updated toProduct
DJI Pilot 2v4.1.11Matrice 300 RTK and Matrice 30 Series
DJI Pilotv2.5.1.15Mavic 2 Enterprise Advanced, Mavic 2 Enterprise series, Phantom 4 RTK, Matrice 200 series V2, Matrice 200 series, and Matrice 600 series
DJI GS RTKv2.2.5Phantom 4 RTK
DJI Flyv1.6.8DJI RC, DJI RC Pro, and DJI Smart Controller
DJI GO 4v4.3.54Matrice 200 series, DJI Smart Controller, Phantom 4 Pro V2+ remote controller with built-in screen
DJI GOv3.1.76Matrice 600 series
DJI MGv1.8.27MG-1S series
DJI MGv1.8.57MG-1S Advanced
DJI MG2v2.5.1MG-1P series
DJI Agrasv3.5.6T16, T20

If you are on old firmware and 'appware', does this mean that there is a metaphorical 'knife in the back' already buried in there concerning this that will block downloading etc. maps?

• Haha
Reactions: LoudThunder
Possibly it is a trap, but I don't care because this update appears to have FINALLY fixed all the issues, including the stop/start video feed, with my Samsung S22! Only had a quick test because drone and RC batteries needed a charge, but will hopefully be able to do a longer test flight that isn't constrained to my living room tomorrow.

Reactions: Torque
Possibly it is a trap, but I don't care because this update appears to have FINALLY fixed all the issues, including the stop/start video feed, with my Samsung S22! Only had a quick test because drone and RC batteries needed a charge, but will hopefully be able to do a longer test flight that isn't constrained to my living room tomorrow.
Funny but couldnt find the DJI Go 4 app on the play store, although there seemed to be a few 'pretenders'.
However, just downloaded it direct from DJI onto my POCO X3 Pro which would previously crash all the time, but it now appears to be stable.

Funny but couldnt find the DJI Go 4 app on the play store, although there seemed to be a few 'pretenders'.
However, just downloaded it direct from DJI onto my POCO X3 Pro which would previously crash all the time, but it now appears to be stable.
DJI Apps haven't been on the Android Play store in sometime.

Reactions: kidroc and restyler

Yeah, you need to get DJI apps direct from source and sideload them - it's been that way for some time now - IIRC, since 2020, or maybe even 2019? DJI is sanctioned by the US Government, so Google (and I assume Apple too) doesn't allow them to update their apps on their App Store. Personally, I don't see the sense in this - it seems to penalise the consumer more than DJI, and I don't think Google is making any ad revenue from DJI either, so I'm not sure why this should be a problem. Still, it is what it is and sideloading isn't hard - just make sure you go to a legit source of files.

Reactions: restyler
Yeah, you need to get DJI apps direct from source and sideload them - it's been that way for some time now - IIRC, since 2020, or maybe even 2019? DJI is sanctioned by the US Government, so Google (and I assume Apple too) doesn't allow them to update their apps on their App Store. Personally, I don't see the sense in this - it seems to penalise the consumer more than DJI, and I don't think Google is making any ad revenue from DJI either, so I'm not sure why this should be a problem. Still, it is what it is and sideloading isn't hard - just make sure you go to a legit source of files.
Not exactly correct. Google changed their packaging procedures for apps and DJI does not conform. Government has nothing to do with it.

My internet provider does not let me download directly from DJI. I have to use my phone's hotspot connection to download the app to my RC Pro.

Not exactly correct. Google changed their packaging procedures for apps and DJI does not conform. Government has nothing to do with it.
Thanks for the clarification. I saw my explaination in a post somewhere (either here or one DJI's site, most likely) and it wasn't rebutted, so no real reason to doubt it given the timing seemed to align with the US Gov. railing against DJI and various other Chinese firms.

I guess this is one way fake news starts, so definitely good to have the record corrected.

Reactions: VenomXts and AZDave
My internet provider does not let me download directly from DJI. I have to use my phone's hotspot connection to download the app to my RC Pro.
You need to get a new internet provider because they should have ZERO say in what you choose to download, unless you're using free internet.

Can load the app off Apple with no problem. It’s just android

I still fly my Mavic 2 Pro. The recommended version for Go 4 in the list is V4.3.54, but on the DJI download page the Go 4 version is V4.3.52. So how is it possible to upgrade to the recommended version?
If you go ahead and download it from the DJI site you may find that the download itself is the newer version and they just haven't gotten around to changing the version shown on the page.

If you go ahead and download it from the DJI site you may find that the download itself is the newer version and they just haven't gotten around to changing the version shown on the page.
You're right. I installed it and did a cursory check-out. I didn't see anything different from my previous V4.3.37. I hope it didn't break anything.

I don’t think “sanctioned” is the word you wanted.

Reactions: karlblessing
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom