DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI User Names Not Syncing?

Mishap

Reactions
Hi, I recently acquired a DJI Mavic Air 2S and Mini 2 for my boys and I. I initially created an account on the DJI Fly app, before I had even received the drones, just to explore it a little bit beforehand. Submitted a custom user name no problem. Subsequently the drones arrived and were registered to the same account. When I log into the DJI Forum online with the same credentials, it shows my user name as a generic DJI-issued name, and if I try to change it to the one I use on the app, it says the name is already in use (by me, I suspect, lol). Anyway, I guess my question is, are these names supposed to sync? I've changed user names a few times on both the app and the forum, hoping to get it to sync somehow, but the information never crosses over. Am I doing something wrong?

Another thing is that, in the app, both drones show up, and on the forum I only have a Mini 2 icon under my name (no Air 2S). I purchased DJI Care Refresh for both drones online, and that does show up on the app as well. I reached out to DJI support and have heard back a few times, and they have been almost comically unhelpful. Well-intentioned, but clueless as to what my actual issue is, it seems.

Hello from the Crossroads of America Mishap.

When I log into the DJI Forum online with the same credentials, it shows my user name as a generic DJI-issued name, and if I try to change it to the one I use on the app, it says the name is already in use (by me, I suspect, lol).

FYI, the Mavic Pilots Forum is not affiliated with the DJI Forum.

The problems you have is with that forum and /or DJI. 🤔

There may be members here that are on the DJI Forum and can help you out. :)

I visited the DJI Forum a few times since I've been flying with a Spark (2017), and I'm not impressed.

Good luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

Thanks for your response. I realize that this forum is distinct from the official DJI forum. My question is basically just to ask if anyone knows if our usernames are supposed to sync across DJI platforms, and if so if anyone has had a similar problem as mine (and were they able to get it fixed?).

Reactions: MA2 317
You only have one account for both drones and if you used that account to purchase both, you will only still have one account. In turn only one user name for both drones purchased thru DJI. A separate device with a secondary account will allow you to have a additional account. You cannot sync 2 accounts together as one.

You only have one account for both drones and if you used that account to purchase both, you will only still have one account. In turn only one user name for both drones purchased thru DJI. A separate device with a secondary account will allow you to have a additional account. You cannot sync 2 accounts together as one.

No, I understand there is one account for both drones, that's not what I'm asking. What I mean is that my user name across services is not syncing, i.e., when I log into DJI Fly my user name shows up as one thing, but when I log into the DJI website (Store or Forum) it shows up as something else. I am using the same account with same login credentials (email address and password).

That could be a possible issue with DJI's servers currently. Give it a try later ans see if it clears up. I will look into this further and get back to you. hang tight.;)

Reactions: Mishap
Welcome to the forum from the outback of Australia. I have tried many times back when I started to change the account name to no avail. Gave up in the end, still using the username allocated by DJI.
Regards

My question is basically just to ask if anyone knows if our usernames are supposed to sync across DJI platforms,

What I mean is that my user name across services is not syncing,
IMO, there's no reasonable expectation that the forum database would sync with the drone owner account database. For one thing, there's no need to.

For another, that might possibly expose the owner account database to a hack, and I'm sure that's something DJI does not want.

Anyway, respectfully, it seems like a non-issue to me. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

There's no syncing. If you want to set your username on the forum you can change it in the settings there.

Thanks all for your input. In practice, of course, I’m finding that it makes no difference what the user names are and weather or not they match. I was confused because originally they did match (djiuser_xxxxxxxx) and DJI tech support told me that they should sync, when I reached out to them. I only asked about it because I wanted to know what real world experiences were like, and it sounds like they don’t sync after all.
IMO, there's no reasonable expectation that the forum database would sync with the drone owner account database. For one thing, there's no need to.

For another, that might possibly expose the owner account database to a hack, and I'm sure that's something DJI does not want.

Anyway, respectfully, it seems like a non-issue to me. I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I disagree to an extent, since by default the DJI-assigned user names DO match. I do agree however that there is no need for them to match, other than a more polished and consistent user experience, IMO.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead