DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI want's to give me $380 for my perfectly good Mavic "I don't think so"

weezy68

Reactions
Does anyone else think this is a fair deal,with all the extras one has spent?

$296 for mine... um I'll pass

Where are they pulling these numbers from? It is a multiple choice with only a few options.

Whether it's fair or not doesn't matter to DJI. They know that there are people who will want one of their new drones and will upgrade no matter what.

For everyone that doesn't take them up on their offer, there will be 3 people that do.

Apple do it with their phones with a new release or two that do hardly anything different from the last but with an exaggerated price tag and people will buy it no matter what.
It has made them the richest company on Earth!

DJI are now it that position where they could put 4 propellers on a dog turd, tell the drone world to "come and see the bigger picture" on a random date and people will be trading in their Mavic Pro 2's for peanuts.

Reactions: JMF and Malcx
All trade-in programs aim to buy-low, clean/"refurbish", then sell "high". They won't give you "fair" price because there is a whole refurbished / used market / ebay etc. There are ebay resellers who specialize in selling like this. So DJI may bring it back to standard and could sell it as used or "refurbished" .

So DJI may bring it back to standard and could sell it as used or "refurbished" .

Thats what I was thinking, and DJI makes $300 on the deal. It's like trading your car in to the dealer. They give you a fraction of what it's worth if you dont feel like going through the hassle of selling it yourself. It's win-win for DJI.

Reactions: Clinton1
Well, they could use it as stock for their DJI Care Refresh program. So they are 'selling' them (replacement cost) for less than what they are offering to pay.
Btw, where do you guys get this offer prices from? Did DJI send you an email?

What a rip off. They will sell it refurbished for 799. Better off to sell it on Ebay.

What a rip off. They will sell it refurbished for 799. Better off to sell it on Ebay.

Rip off?

They have to take each one it, check it over, repair or replace any issues, test, repackage and resell. Perhaps you think those efforts don't cost anything?

I just sold my mavic pro with fly more combo for $1000 canadian yesterday on kijiji.

Nice. Is that a normal price for selling, or did you just get lucky?

I'm probably going to try to sell my old Mavic (if I get it working) and my new one so I can buy a Zoom. I'd need at least $1200 total from them for it to be worth my while.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54