DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Warranty or Care Refresh?

MavicPilot

Reactions
Hi Everyone,

Quick question, I am trying to figure out if it is in my best interest to try using a Care Refresh ticket or regular Warranty. My warranty is running out very soon, so I will likely only have a single shot at fixing the issue(s). I am not against spending the $79 to have everything working... if that is the most reliable way of resolving the problem(s). DJI Support did not really seem interested in helping... they said if I must put in an online request to have their support look at it (ship in). But, my concern is that they will just open it, see that it flys and then box it right back up.

Problems:
- My compass is generating an warning whenever I fly my quad. This started on 9/16 and it continues to happen on almost every flight. It only happens in sport mode, but that is all I fly in. Documented by others here.
- My Gimbal is rarely level when flying - I manage it, but enough that folks do comment on it when sharing a video. It does sometime shock me, but all of my videos are off balance and the gimbal calibration has never done anything.
- She sometimes refuses to go hard left or right. So, I need to go forward, or back, and that direction. I tried capturing a video tonight, but of course everything worked fine.
- If I open up my MP to see the cables, is that an instant no-go for DJI supporting it?
- after the newest firmware I am seeing a new error: Obstacle Avoided. Revise Flight Route. I am mid-air and there is nothing around me... Once I went into sport mode this stopped, but that makes sense given it shows it being disabled.

Things attempted:
- DJI support recommended updating the newest firmware + recalibrating the IMU, compass, and running the software base calibrate tool (PC connected). All were done. No difference, well at least for the compass error. It may have fixed the hard left and right, but I need more flight time to verify that.

Observations:
- looking back at the AirData/uav this issue started after I was taping a laser tag match outside for a party. The outside temp was about 80 degrees and I ran through two batteries : for the first time ever.

All on Sept 16th.
1:18pm - 7 minute prelight
2:15pm - 21m58s flight in direct sun
I replaced the battery and put this battery on the charger..
2:45pm - 2m15s flight attempt but downlink data connection errors - multiple losses @ between 1-9 feet from HP
2:47PM - 18m55s flight
4:22PM - 10m37s flight. Warning: Compass Redundancy Switch error started for the first time.

I loaded the data into datcon and the txttocsv tool, but I am not sure how the graphical representations are generated. I will keep looking, but I wanted to get this posted.

Thank you for your advice.

Attachments

• dji-mavicpro-movie-screenshot.JPG
    dji-mavicpro-movie-screenshot.JPG
    165.5 KB · Views: 12
  • DJI_0036.JPG
    DJI_0036.JPG
    3.4 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I figured out the graphs - I think. I am adding in three graphs: one from today, 9/25, one from 6/2017 and one from late May.

Attachments

• MagMod-compass-2017-05-27.JPG
    MagMod-compass-2017-05-27.JPG
    55.5 KB · Views: 8
  • MagMod-compass-2017-06-11.JPG
    MagMod-compass-2017-06-11.JPG
    60.9 KB · Views: 11
  • MagMod-compass-2017-09-25.JPG
    MagMod-compass-2017-09-25.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals