DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI What January Update???

Good catch.. I overlooked those words and agree that must mean something.

Attention! The support has not written there will be a new firmware update. The support has written there will be a new version of the Mavic 3 released. Small, but important difference :)))))))
If they are truely releasing a new Mavic 3, it will be to fix the issues they have in the current one which I would have guessed was just software based but could be wrong. Its a V2 Mavic :)

Attention! The support has not written there will be a new firmware update. The support has written there will be a new version of the Mavic 3 released. Small, but important difference :)))))))
1642702196046.gif

If they are truely releasing a new Mavic 3, it will be to fix the issues they have in the current one which I would have guessed was just software based but could be wrong. Its a V2 Mavic :)
What? They're releasing another version of the M3? I'm still in the 14 day return window so do I send my M3 with a wonky gimbal and sluggish gps back and not get a replacement unit? What are they going to do to with all of this stock? This sounds kinda crazy.

I think our buddy mason just forgot the word Firmware , Unless they need to replace a chip ? Than they have no choice to do a Full Recall. Oh boy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Land on the Water, and baby sit your drone. lol

I think our buddy mason just forgot the word Firmware , Unless they need to replace a chip ? Than they have no choice to do a Full Recall. Oh boy.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your M3 in the Rain. Land on the Water, and baby sit your drone. lol
Yeah. it makes sense. I don't think DJI will release new version of M3 either. just some firmware.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org

Phantomrain.org
If DJI really releases a new version I bet they will NOT say anything and attempt to treat it as "fix on fail". My M3 has been in my possession a week so I can still jump ship. I just flew my Mavic 2 Pro and it is rock solid as always by the way..... Following this closely.

I believe they meant new version of the firmware update. After waiting 3 years for an update from the Mavic 2 pro, do you think they are going to release a new version when it is barely a few months old?

I reached out to DJI technical Friday (about pano mode), they have come back to me overnight with

"The Panorama feature is expected to be launched in January 2022 through firmware updates".

For what this email is worth, that confirms to me that we 'should' have a January update coming, and panorama at least will be in it.

I believe they meant new version of the firmware update. After waiting 3 years for an update from the Mavic 2 pro, do you think they are going to release a new version when it is barely a few months old?

I was just joking about it, because if you read it very carefully, there is no mention of a firmware update at any point.

But, the Mavic 3 has a lot of other bugs, so a new revision would not be surprising at all.

Patience, Grasshoppers!
It's already here!
The remainder of the January 2022 FW Update was just released some 4 hours ago, on January 23rd! ThumbswayupThumbswayupThumbswayup

And now, here’s everything that the latest firmware update for DJI Mavic 3 drone brings:

• Adds QuickShots including Dronie, Rocket, Circle, Helix, Boomerang, and Asteroid
  • Adds Panorama mode capable of capturing in high resolution
  • Adds burst shooting
  • Adds digital zoom for normal video mode
  • Adds Color Display Assist for D-Log
  • Adds 4K/60fps and manual Exposure Index (EI) adjustment for MasterShots
  • Adds QuickTransfer
  • Adds zoom and D-Log for FocusTrack when recording video
  • Adds support to set RTH altitude for Advanced RTH
  • Adds USB mode for Mavic 3 Cine for copying data
  • Optimizes accuracy of color correction
  • Increases image sharpness of Tele camera when shooting at high magnification
  • Optimizes image area for Timelapse photos
  • Adds support to DJI RC Pro to output clean HDMI footage
  • Adds support for DJI RC Pro to cache video and download original video to an external SD card

Last edited:
Just launched, was mid flight and I received the message!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird