DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI would like you to “See The Bigger Picture” on July 18th – announcement?

What is needed is bigger lenses and that is not going to happen on a drone the size of the Mavic. I truly think that in this form factor they can go no further in image quality. Maybe they can get away with the 1" sensor and 2x zoom in the Mavic Pro3 but that IMHO is the limit.

4 years ago I thought anything like Active Track would be impossible due to the computing requirements and weight limitations. Boy was I wrong about that. I'm much more optimistic now and think we'll continue to see great advances in image quality with each subsequent generation.

4 years ago I thought anything like Active Track would be impossible due to the computing requirements and weight limitations. Boy was I wrong about that. I'm much more optimistic now and think we'll continue to see great advances in image quality with each subsequent generation.

Google (pixel phone) is a good example where we're beyond optics now and in parallel focusing on the "processing" of the data hitting the sensor. Machine learning and other algorithms will continue to push image and video quality.

Reactions: Joola
I would guess it'll also run the CS build of Go4.

I prefer a much bigger screen than that.

Where is the shadow of the leg on the right side of pic?
If you're thinking that might be Photoshopped, here is an image that was posted on DJI's website (and taken down pretty quickly) before the current Mavic 2 models were released:

Screen-Shot-2018-07-30-at-10.48.jpg

That something in the pic is suspicious.
It doesn't seem possible for it to be suspicious since it's nearly identical to the photo DJI posted on their own website.

Not suspicious? Then answer the question I originally posted. Over and out.

Like Russian cosmonauts who didn’t make it....
Those Russians are quick learners. They stole that trick from the US astronauts ;)

I know this is an old thread but I recycle. Could this be what the Mavic enterprise might be? Only a smaller, cheaper, and more portable version.
Phantom 4 RTK

1539696169795.png

Could this be what the Mavic enterprise might be?
The Mavic 2 Enterprise does not have an RTK unit attached to the top of it. Perhaps DJI will offer some kind of optional attachments though.

There is no way in hell that is a stereo 180 cam setup.

Think about it, a stereo pair with an IPD that small from that air offers almost no discernible difference in perspective, aka, everything looks Mono from a stereo video past 20 meters with a standard IPD.

If you wanna shoot stereo with a drone, you’re better off using 2 drones, that will give you variable IPD. Ooor you can use a trick I discovered with using only 1 camera as I talk about it here:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom