DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI would like you to “See The Bigger Picture” on July 18th – announcement?

Well, that pretty much tolls the bell for Autel and Parrot. It's gonna be a hook. TKO.

Could be anything from DJI. We thought the mavic II was coming out for a year now.

Reactions: Prado man
Could be anything from DJI. We thought the mavic II was coming out for a year now.
Yeah, but the timing is too perfect now with the Anafi and Evo launches. I'm willing to bet it's something in the Mavic family...

Last edited:
Looks like quality will be hitting the shelves. I’m sure you’ll be happy with the Autel as well as DJI products. Parrot will find a niche if they lower the price of their new drone. I wouldn’t be surprised if Yuneec pulled s rabbit out of their hat later this year. :)

Well a couple things come to mind. Probably not a Mavic 2 considering the Platinum really in many ways was a version 2, plus they released the Air and Tello which I know isn’t really in the Mavic lineup. I am thinking they will finally release the Spotlight Laser combo for the Matrice series, also thinking some new optics with high powered zoom is probably in the works. Other than that a total speculation, but perhaps they will begin selling keyhole Satellite access. ;)

Reactions: BlackCoffee
Well a couple things come to mind. Probably not a Mavic 2 considering the Platinum really in many ways was a version 2, plus they released the Air and Tello which I know isn’t really in the Mavic lineup. I am thinking they will finally release the Spotlight Laser combo for the Matrice series, also thinking some new optics with high powered zoom is probably in the works. Other than that a total speculation, but perhaps they will begin selling keyhole Satellite access. ;)

Yes, it’s all speculation and I’m on record been wrong myself thinking the Mavic Air release was going to be the Mavic Pro 2, but I disagree that we are not due for a Mavic 2 yet because the platinum was a significant upgrade. There weee actually almost significant upgrades to the Mavic with the platinum. It got new props that the Mavic 1 is also able to use and it got more efficient motors making it slightly quieter and a few extra minutes of battery life. I think even as an interim upgrade that’s pretty weak. A real upgrade would be a much due camera refresh. There could be other upgrades that would be nice, like better battery life, even more reliable occusync, maybe a refined form factor. Some may want more collision sensors. That’s not too important to me, but seems to be the trend.

Some may like to see a smaller size but I think if you get too small it gets harder to get stable video, battery issues, radio strength. But hey, if they can find a way to make it smaller and still improve all those that would be awesome.

The Mavic Pro has been out for eons from a technology refresh perspective, and particularly a DJI refresh perspective. Platinum was a “keep em happy for the time being” baby step. Air improved the Spark and gave a hint of what may be coming in the Mavic 2 (or whatever they decide to call the $1200 or so model).

Reactions: borzoiboy
Now the question will be whether they are rushing to announce this new device to combat Autel and Parrot, or is it really ready for prime time? Hopefully it’s been fully tested and hopefully there isn’t a huge lead time between the announcement and delivery.

Z

Reactions: 4wd
I think it's gonna be a new drone, Mavic 2 or something cause they always release a new drone in New York. If it's some other product line, they release it in the west coast.

Reactions: OldBlueHeron
It's fun to guess what it might be, that teaser looks to me like a product specifically focused on 360 degree video production. I'll be VERY surprised if it's a Mavic Pro II, based on that teaser. I'm anxious to see a Mavic Pro upgrade especially if they're doing a 1-inch sensor, but I don't think it's here yet.

Reactions: Chipmunksky
You can bet it's going to be the Mavic 2 because I just purchased the Platinum package from Costco yesterday. That's my kind of luck. Was holding off buying, waiting for an announcement for something new. Was looking like it wasn't going to happen, so bought the Platinum while it was on sale. While I was setting things up, got the email that there was going to be an announcement. Oh well, I'll be ready when (and if) a new one comes out.

I don't think a 1" sensor mavic is coming because that would cut into their Phantom sales. Any Mavic Pro update would have a similar take on 4K 60fps as the Evo with the smaller sensor. They'll most definitely include additional collision sensors to the rear and a refined and updated body. They'll also want to up the flight time to 32 minutes or so, and maybe tweak the db levels and the top speed. Finally, that old gimbal will have to go so expect that to be more like the Air.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803