Join Us Now

DJI's drone 'privacy mode' is now available

Just got it to go into local data mode
At work at the moment so will go for a fly tomorrow
Screenshot_20171004-014237.png Screenshot_20171004-014252.png
This is what normally happens on a phone
Screenshot_20171004-014421.png

There isn't a local mode for dji go 4 only for the dji pilot

And nobody can run dji go4 on an android machine longer than 10 minutes without it crashing, so welcome to the pity party.
I run 20+min flights on my android device all the time and never/neverever have an app crash using dji go 4!

So if running iOS on mavic it would seem you can’t run the local data mode, thanks dji!

Well if you're on android you cant run quickshot, helix, dynamic home point or any of the other features they released for ios weeks ago.

If you downloaded the release that was pulled from the playstore before general release due to bugs then yes you are. But the fact remains for people that want to use the official stable releases its .9 pushed by the play store and the current version.

If Apple would license iOS, you can bet that CrystalSky would be running it.

Not a chance. The only reason the Android app is unstable is because A) there are so many devices, DJI cant account for every last set of performance specs, and B) fragmentation.

CrystalSky is a tightly-controlled system, and DJI has every ability to make it rock-solid stable. Don't point the finger at Android itself when the problem lies with fragmentation. In your example with the Pixel, DJI is to blame.

If you had bothered to follow even a small bit of the OGs' work on Slack, you'd know that DJI has little experience with app design and constantly codes things in ways that not only defy logic, but essentially are as inefficient as possible. For example, some of the latest issues with performance of DJI Go 4 for Android are directly related to a process where they're encrypting simple strings for no other reason than they're pissed that hackers owned their code.

TLDR -- DJI sucks at making apps, and Android problems are almost certainly DJI's fault, not Android's.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElPocho
We just need a mode where the drone sends nothing back to DJI at all,. It's fine if it pulls data from the internet for location and no fly zones. Is that possible, or by pulling data am I stating "here I am," "here I am," etc. I suppose that's the case. And then there is the fear that audio or video data could also be going back to DJI if ever desired (i.e. Chinese government wants to now use all the thousands of flying surveillance devices they have sold us by undercutting all other drone manufacturers in price, adding irresistible features, and integrating with our phones.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet