DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do all dji drones suck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, turn everything off, reconnect to DJI assist, reflash, and try again.
Ever had a hard landing or crash?
Not with this drone .
I used to fly heli so I am not new to flying .

60 size heli with a 4 channel sanwa radio and over 200 flying aircrafts under my belt ..

Reactions: Jeff7577
Mavic has been nothing but crap !!

Constant updates keep me from flying and now gimble motor error after update !!!

I am selling it .

My parrot bebop always works :)

Are the phantoms Any good or are they problematic like the mavic ?

The prices suck but all the drones are fantastic. Perhaps in your case it was Operator error? Did you read the instructions? I find that helps install updates properly.

Best of luck with your POS Parrot.

i updated my mav when i got it back in dec, its flown flawlessley apart from some piolot error issues, i agree they are priced a bit high but i think the quality is worth it, now i am intersted in the goggles and they seem very over priced but again the quality looks worth it.

Reactions: GavieboyDji
sometimes frustration sets in after having unsolved issues,take a deep breath,kick back and try things again,many times it just falls into place.

Reactions: Swindy
None of my DJI drones have sucked or been "crap".
Phantom 2 Vision +, Phantom 3 Professional, Mavic Pro, Spark - all good

I’ve had mine for a year and couldn’t be happier, I also don’t update unless I absolutely have to.

Here is my take. I don't think DJI sucks. I think they are just bad at having a consistent customer support model. Their drones I think are great, they try to improve as much as they can and unfortunately, when they release updates, I don't think it's fully tested. In other words, it's either going to work really well or it's going to really suck. So what's the rule of thumb? A new update comes out, come here, ask questions and see how everyone reacts to it for those who have installed/update the drone. Once a bit of maturity of the version gets out to a good number of people and have no issues, then go ahead and install the update.

On the other hand, I can tell you that every time i do take out my drone, I usually get a prompt that says whether I want to update. Annoying because I just want to fly but from my understanding you can cancel out of it and wait when you do have time to update. Before, I would update it and sit outside 5 to 10 minutes while it update it.

Wow....hmmm.... comparing a beebop toy to a DJI anything not to mention a Mavic Pro. Interesting the experience level you find on here. True story.

Reactions: MiniPalourde

Constant updates keep me from flying and now gimble motor error after update !!!

I am selling it .

Hahah, Phantoms are junk too. Landing gear breaks if you look at them wrong. Conveniently they contain the compasses so you get charged $$ for replacing everthing.

Camera and gimbal issues, firmware problems, p4s are made of eggshells and crack like clockwork. I have half a dozen 20mp camera assemblies with various issues that make them unusable. The guys at DJI service just laugh and take peoples money.

zo2F5m3.jpg

prob a refurb, check your serial 10th digit for an r, most likely bad manufacturing batch back in july 17 from research ive seen. who knows though its a crap shoot in my lurking on a few forums. fortunately i dont have and refurb and havent updated anything since .900, solid bird.

mavic has amazing features, my opinion you get one from a good batch that gets some quality control that gets sent out to promotion - youtube promoters, trade shows etc, some were made in demand, then it slowed down, and they came out with the platnium/air

Hahah, Phantoms are junk too. Landing gear breaks if you look at them wrong. Conveniently they contain the compasses so you get charged $$ for replacing everthing.

Camera and gimbal issues, firmware problems, p4s are made of eggshells and crack like clockwork. I have half a dozen 20mp camera assemblies with various issues that make them unusable. The guys at DJI service just laugh and take peoples money.

zo2F5m3.jpg
looks like maybe you need to refine your skills. Im teaching kids and while there is the odd hard landing, they are in no way close to breaking the landing gear. How hard are you landing mate?
Or are you breaking them while handling them? If this is the case, then I dont think there are many drones that will stand up to your passion fingers.

So that is the best reply??

I have to send it in again for service cause apparently I don't know how to update it?

Typical dgi fans ..

Thanks for the help :)
dont be surprised that most here are DJI fans. We are after all using the product over other options and generally most people are happy.
I have been using many brands over the last 5 years, and at this stage i just go to DJI as the default as i know it is a good product. i agree that customer service isnt a strength and pricing is a tad high, but i always know that im getting a pretty good product.

Reactions: Flyin@Higher
looks like maybe you need to refine your skills. Im teaching kids and while there is the odd hard landing, they are in no way close to breaking the landing gear. How hard are you landing mate?
Or are you breaking them while handling them? If this is the case, then I dont think there are many drones that will stand up to your passion fingers.
I just fix other people's mishaps, my skills on the sticks are ok.

KTCpF3d.jpg

Obsidian shell written off. Phantoms always crack here or strip the threads.

I am selling it .

Must got a dud, 9 months now and all works great, they do have a few lemons on the market

Been flying 3 years and just received my 3rd dji drone...
so far, I haven’t flown anything better.
They may have their hiccups from time to time, but between the forums here and dji Facebook community the hiccups have all worked themselves out.

I just fix other people's mishaps, my skills on the sticks are ok.

KTCpF3d.jpg

Obsidian shell written off. Phantoms always crack here or strip the threads.
Are the P4s weaker? Our 3s have had some pretty rough landings and are pretty good. (Not perfect :) )

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147