DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do all dji drones suck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday at the cabin I went to fly. Had my first ever gimbal error. Turned out the camera was squished against the snowmobile seat (it was the only surface I had available to take off from). I repositioned the drone so the camera wasn’t contacting anything and back to perfect. This drone has been error free for a year.

Never had a problem with my P3A or P4 and I flew them over 750 miles ....my Mavic Air has been faultless so far and us far superior to both

Reactions: Flyin@Higher
Mavic has been nothing but crap !!

Constant updates keep me from flying and now gimble motor error after update !!!

I am selling it .

My parrot bebop always works :)

Are the phantoms Any good or are they problematic like the mavic ?

Sounds to me like a bit of patience is needed. Agreed DJI support could be better but there are plenty of experienced users on Phantom forums to help and in most cases with some patience fixing issues is easy. At the end of the day it is an aerial vehicle and needs some TLC and regular maintenance. Look at your average airliner (small or commercial), they have a ton of maintenance to ensure safety while flying including parts replaced by stress - a quality drone is no different and needs looking after, repeated heavy landings will stress landing gear etc. I’ve got Spark, P4P and Air and all are superb units when looked after. Rather than slate a product that has a very significant market share and generally excellent reputation ask for some support ...

Reactions: lmel2005

Constant updates keep me from flying and now gimble motor error after update !!!

I am selling it .

Troll

Just got my MA and only have 2 flights with it.... it does exactly everything they said it would do and no problems with anything app Rc or drone ... BUT I bought it from DJI store and have heard of some bad ones being sold from Amazon land other web places ...

Are the P4s weaker? Our 3s have had some pretty rough landings and are pretty good. (Not perfect :) )

The p3 is/was a tough bird.
One of mine got attacked by a dog(unexpectedly) while on landing approach.
The bird won.

I am selling it .

That really sucks. It's pretty clear that getting a good MP is a roll of the dice.
I haven't had too many problems with mine. I have spent many hours flying and enjoying it.
I pity the person you sell yours to.
I think it's sad that DJI doesn't seem to stand behind their products the way other companies do.

I agree there are a ton of updates, seems like each time i want to fly there is a pop up for one, but my Mavic PP has been awesome, the updates only take 5 minutes to download on my home wifi

My mavic has let me down on 2 winter holidays, been in for repair for camera not working after 2 flights and now gimble error ..

In Costa Rica it said it needed update and would not fly without it!!

I have flown it 5 times at home and it was great .

Just too fragile and too many software bugs .

Go fly your bebop. Have a blast!

Reactions: locoman
No problem with mine since Go 4 version 4.1.15. Locked it down and do not update.

Sorry to hear about your issues. My personal has been nothing but good. Solid control, flight characteristics, decent video and photo quality. You pay a bit more but the price seems reasonable. I hope you get help to change your experience... Perhaps one of the staff can jump in and get you help. Good luck and safe flying

Reactions: locoman

I am selling it .

I agree that he constant updates are annoying , buy haven't had any serious issues with them, other than having to wait for the downloads and updates to complete, and check the RTH and other settings once again, before being able to fly.

It is annoying to see the 'updates required' nagging. But you can chose to ignore them (forever if you will) until you decide to update.

Reactions: iFlyForFun
I just fix other people's mishaps, my skills on the sticks are ok.

Obsidian shell written off. Phantoms always crack here or strip the threads.

I agree that Phantoms have their weakspots - as do Mavics, like their gimbal plates - but you're suffering a cognitive bias.

You get drones that suffer damage, and if there's a weakspot it's going to statistically be more common. You don't get people bringing you fully working drones where the weakspot hasn't been cracked.

I've flown Phantoms too (not the Obsidian yet), and treated well they last. People rarely admit (or even realise) their stupid mistakes, so they're unlikely to tell you if they screwed up when landing.

Your problem is not uncommon and with a little help from us in the forum it could be fixed easily. As mentioned in other replies( if you read then) you will see that you have a choice to upgrade. I actually had similar issues a few months back and will a little research in youtube I was able to downgrade my firmware to .700.( an older firmware that is liked by many. Did some other modifications to my firmware to prevent getting constant messages.
But here is the problem, you started out negative and disgusted with DJI and your in a forum where 99% of us are happy with our Mavic. Then you ask for advice about a non DJI product that if you did a little research you would find out you trying to compare a Ford to a Lexus.
Sorry you had this experience and good luck with whatever you decide to purchase.

Last edited:

I am selling it .

I've been flying DJI since phantom 2 and every consumer drone they sell since.
I bought a bebop when I was a year into
phamton 3 advanced.
Bebop was fun to fly but that was about it.
When I started to get into quality areial photography there was no comparison.
Bebop had a fixed unstableized camera.
Yes DJI requires updates and maintenance but the reward doing the work is a fantastic flying photo platform. So if you just want to wish around in your bebop then sell your Magic.
But if you want to own and fly an amazing piece technology then get with the program.

I am selling it .
My parrot bebop always works

The problem is you. Unfortunately Mavic Pro can't change you for a working owner...! :)

Hahah, Phantoms are junk too. Landing gear breaks if you look at them wrong. Conveniently they contain the compasses so you get charged $$ for replacing everthing.

Camera and gimbal issues, firmware problems, p4s are made of eggshells and crack like clockwork. I have half a dozen 20mp camera assemblies with various issues that make them unusable. The guys at DJI service just laugh and take peoples money.

zo2F5m3.jpg

Your a bit hard on your Phantoms. I suggest you learn to fly with something cheaper to repair.

Hello every body, you will probably hate me after that but I also think that dji suck a lot, specialy the after sale market, but i havent find a better drone...so i steel use my dji mavic pro.
- 1 month after i bought it a 1st problem appear; not the same number of flights and not the same informations in dji go 4 betwenn "mavic pro flight" and "all flight". I only have a mavic so normally it should be the same informations. >>> i contact dji who say "sorry but we dont know why or what to do for the moment..."
- 2 month after i bought it i had a 2nd problem; i took off in "opti" from a bridge, fly a little bit more than minus 10 meters under the bridge and after that i could not fly up more than minus 10 meters. all the other command work find. >>> i contact dji who say "ok thank you to let us know this knew problem..." nothing more
- 4 month after i bought it i had a 3rd problem; dji crash due to an update, >>> i contact dji who confirm that the crash is due to a bug in the update, but they dont take it in warranty because i bought my mavic outside of europe area, where i live"

So yes, dji suck but i havent find a better drone for the moment which i can easily cary during my holliday.
If you know one please let me know.

i'm on v.600, always fly in airplane mode - no problem with updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UR7CR