DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do all dji drones suck ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
Mavic has been nothing but crap !!

Constant updates keep me from flying and now gimble motor error after update !!!

I am selling it .

My parrot bebop always works :)

Are the phantoms Any good or are they problematic like the mavic ?

Reactions: Donnie Frank
have you tried to refresh firmware? I did an update and I lost downward sensors. it wanted me to calibrate them ...but went I tried I didn't get any output from them ( no red box) I re-flashed firmware and I got the red box back :)

No problems here either. I had a Bebop 2 Power prior to buying my MP, and had it not been for the limitations of the camera, I probably would have just stayed with it. In some ways it was more fun to fly, especially with the banked turns in its sport mode, but in every other category the Mavic is all business. The portability of the form factor is a big plus as well, also not a fan of how Parrot “locks” the props onto the motors.

My mavic has let me down on 2 winter holidays, been in for repair for camera not working after 2 flights and now gimble error ..

In Costa Rica it said it needed update and would not fly without it!!

I have flown it 5 times at home and it was great .

Just too fragile and too many software bugs .

Why all the updates ??

I shoot video for a couple companies and try take my mavic but you get to your shoot and it needed an update so you scramble to find a connection ..

My parrot worked out of the box , it did say I can check for updates but it still flew .

Dji requires a registered account and updates or it sits .

Or am I wrong ?

Reactions: Dronin
So that is the best reply??

I have to send it in again for service cause apparently I don't know how to update it?

Typical dgi fans ..

Thanks for the help :)

Reactions: garethshaw
Why all the updates ??

I shoot video for a couple companies and try take my mavic but you get to your shoot and it needed an update so you scramble to find a connection ..

My parrot worked out of the box , it did say I can check for updates but it still flew .

Dji requires a registered account and updates or it sits .

Or am I wrong ?

UHHHM....... Yeah, I think you're wrong. No "update needed" ever keeps you from flying that I have seen.

I think you need to Re-do whatever updates, with a solid connection to the DJI server. NOT through the free WiFi at a coffee shop, or on a "rooted" 3rd word android device, or 5 year old phone or tablet of any kind. Update EVERYTHING not JUST what you think you have to do to fly..

have you tried to refresh firmware? I did an update and I lost downward sensors. it wanted me to calibrate them ...but went I tried I didn't get any output from them ( no red box) I re-flashed firmware and I got the red box back :)
have you? tried this?

Yes, turn everything off, reconnect to DJI assist, reflash, and try again.
Ever had a hard landing or crash?

Reactions: TrailH4x
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1