DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do the FPV goggles work with the Mavic 3?

I just got original DJI Goggles and it does have HDMI in...I plugged HDMI cable from my OLD Smart Controller (HDMI out) straight into the goggles and it works great. You can use the touchpad to make technical adjustments to the goggles but it does not control my Air 2S in any way. But the view is beautiful and it has all of the telemetry too. Just don't try to screen record while flying, it's just to draggy. Otherwise is great.
Just a travesty that DJI didn't backward support the V2 goggles. That means another set of goggles is coming on the horizon, I'll bet. Profiteering, instead of supporting. They could sell many more accessories if they would just understand that.

Are your intention to strap either of them to your Mavic 3 !?!
I know very little about flying drones, hence my interest in DJI, with all its pilot assistance, but I'm curious - is the above completely outrageous? Any reason NOT to strap a caddx FPV unit to a mavic?

I know very little about flying drones, hence my interest in DJI, with all its pilot assistance, but I'm curious - is the above completely outrageous? Any reason NOT to strap a caddx FPV unit to a mavic?
Only because its more trouble than what its worth. Honestly, I had the og goggles on the Mavic Pro nearly FOUR YEARS AGO. That headset is all passe' at this point.

To strap all that nonsense on just to use outdated hardware doesn't make much sense to me. I would wait on the new tech to arrive or better 3rd party options, which are already out there. I wouldn't waste your $ or time on making ancient hardware adaptable to current tech.

Reactions: RGS2010

Lots do attach 3rd party cams to their drones, any of the action cams (naked GoPro etc) or 360 cams.
These are usually setup to gather the different perspective I’d say the rear view while flying, or the 360 experience.
The trick with having the goggles v2 running with the caddx etc on the M3 is being able to control the main gimbal camera to film in a well composed way while wearing goggles to fly.

The trick with having the goggles v2 running with the caddx etc on the M3 is being able to control the main gimbal camera to film in a well composed way while wearing goggles to fly.
Except why do that and have to blindly hope the main camera is pointing at the right thing when you could just fly with it in the fist place and know exactly what you're doing... that's literally the opposite of helping to film in a well composed way.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bob in Savannah
I want to do the same thing. And after a 67 year old brain try to absorb all of this-----I now have a headache. After DJI sells so many of the mini's, why don't they make a ton more money selling compatible FPV goggles to work with them? You know???? For the guys who don't especially want the DJI FPV or the Avata? Looks like fertile ground to me.

Except why do that and have to blindly hope the main camera is pointing at the right thing when you could just fly with it in the fist place and know exactly what you're doing... that's literally the opposite of helping to film in a well composed way.
Am I missing something? How do you fly with the camera view from a newer mavic series drone in FPV? Using the magicmask? Or are you talking about feeding the output from the rc pro controller through the hdmi input of non-DJI fpv goggles?

Exactly what I meant, not much point.
At this stage older DJI goggles (white or re) or other brand with cable connection might be the best option.

Am I missing something? How do you fly with the camera view from a newer mavic series drone in FPV? Using the magicmask? Or are you talking about feeding the output from the rc pro controller through the hdmi input of non-DJI fpv goggles?
I use an android device with HDMI out (Ayn Odin Lite) connected to the DJI Goggles RE I have since the M1/M2 days.

Exactly what I meant, not much point.
At this stage older DJI goggles (white or re) or other brand with cable connection might be the best option.
I recently had a pair of the old white goggles that I used with the DJI RC Controller (the original one) and it worked fine (with a HDMI cord to RC Controller) but it was SOOOO HEAVY on my head that it was uncomfortable to use. Sold both!

AND THAT IS EXACATLY WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR!!!!!

Looks like I would need a drone with the screen built into the controller. Mini 3 Pro?????

I don't understand for the life of me why DJI doesn't offer something plug and play like this with their goggles. Looks to me like they are missing out! Not everybody who loves FPV want the Avatar or FPV.

One note of caution with goggles like the Orqa vs glasses like the BT-40.

With both you really don't want to have to interact with the touchscreen much.
The more functions you can tie to the controller buttons the better.
e.g. The RC PRO has C1, C2, C3, the 5-way button, and the "back" button.

At least with glasses then if you need to interact with the screen then you can easily look down and see where your finger is. With goggles you need to move them off your face.

It's one of those subtle differences that people sometimes don't think of beforehand.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zzombie