DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do these actually work?!

I have them too and didn't notice any change. In fact, it seems like they may worsen the signal at times.

Reactions: Former Member
They work but they don't "boost" the signal. They direct the signal in one direction which _may_ make for a more concentrated signal. This may cut through interference better if there is any. However, this also means you need to be positioning the antenna so that the one direction the signal is pointing is always facing the Mavic.

Saw these on Amazon.

Hensych Antenna Amplifier Wifi Signal Booster Range: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Anyone using them and found that they boost/extend signal from the remote?
I bought them for half the price from china.
I was expecting them to fail but surprisingly they seem to boost range a bit (i'd say up to 133%).

I am living in "CE-Land" and with these i was able to go nearly 4km instead of the usual 3km.
But i did not do scientific testing yet, maybe later.
You DO have to watch yourself much more to aim in the direction of the Mavic, thats for sure otherwise your range is reduced.

Greetings,

Ender

"Snake oil"....I used them on my various Phantoms and found no difference.

Reactions: LongRifle
Why would you need a signal booster on an RC system already capable of up to over 4 miles?

Why would you need a signal booster on an RC system already capable of up to over 4 miles?
Iam from CE country... no 4 miles :p
AND even in FCC you could use a boost in high-WiFi Interference situations.
But to be serious you have to spend a BIT more of course :)

Ender

My Mavic wont leave home without the parabolic antenna enhancer I use from Dynamic 3d Solutions:
Dynamic 3D Solutions

At 3.4 miles (18,000ft) I have 4 bars displayed in upper navigation menu.

Thanks guys. I guess i'll give them a miss. I was trying to see what i can do to prevent any connection issues causing a fly away etc.

My Mavic wont leave home without the parabolic antenna enhancer I use from Dynamic 3d Solutions:
Dynamic 3D Solutions

At 3.4 miles (18,000ft) I have 4 bars displayed in upper navigation menu.

Is there anything special about those compared to the ones I posted out of interest? Apologies for the questions i'm a bit of a newbie.:)

Are you in "CE Land" or FCC?

FCC.

Is there anything special about those compared to the ones I posted out of interest? Apologies for the questions i'm a bit of a newbie.:)
A method you can use to check for peak performance potential, is if you were to stand in front of the deflector with it facing towards you. Using a laser pointer, point a beam of light at the deflector face. The beam of light should deflect at the center of the antenna. Regardless of what part of the deflector face is being pointed at, the beam of light should end up at the antenna.

FCC.

A method you can use to check for peak performance potential, is if you were to stand in front of the deflector with it facing towards you. Using a laser pointer, point a beam of light at the deflector face. The beam of light should deflect at the center of the antenna. Regardless of what part of the deflector face is being pointed at, the beam of light should end up at the antenna.
Have you by any chance ever compared Dynamic 3D Solutions to other deflectors/windsurfers? I read that most windsurfers are worthless for Mavic. But anyway, being in FCC land you probably won't really need these boosters unless you also modified your batteries so you can fly longer.

Like i said, those reflectors may just improve range slightly but if you go serious and still want to have a small package i guess FPVLR Yagi's are the best bang for the buck...

Ender

Have you by any chance ever compared Dynamic 3D Solutions to other deflectors/windsurfers? I read that most windsurfers are worthless for Mavic. But anyway, being in FCC land you probably won't really need these boosters unless you also modified your batteries so you can fly longer.

The only comparison I have done has been visual. I have not flown with anyone else deflector product.

Something you don't see others mention is, these parabolic deflectors work in both directions. There is data being sent from the aircraft and being received by the Remote Controller. The deflectors help collect the data as it funnels into the antennas.

I have a set of the exact boosters the OP has linked as well as the similar ones that folds into a clamshell. Ive had one particular area at a park that's given me problems. The area is on the other side of a densely packed area of 70 ft trees.

Neither reflectors have helped this particular situation over the stock config. Flying over more open farmland I have flown out to 6,000 ft without no problem. Probably couldve flown farther as I had full signal with video and RC.

Titan Drones has a antenna mod that looks promising and is quick to set up.

I have a set of the exact boosters the OP has linked as well as the similar ones that folds into a clamshell. Ive had one particular area at a park that's given me problems. The area is on the other side of a densely packed area of 70 ft trees.

Neither reflectors have helped this particular situation over the stock config. Flying over more open farmland I have flown out to 6,000 ft without no problem. Probably couldve flown farther as I had full signal with video and RC.

Titan Drones has a antenna mod that looks promising and is quick to set up.
If you are blocked by trees, nothing will help. May be boosted will help a little bit, but with 2.4GHz, we need LOS.

With stock antenna, I've flown 3.5 km (11,500 ft) in less congested area and I am in CE region (**** those cell towers). But in the city, I barely can get 2 km (6,500 ft). I started to get all kind of warnings by 1 km (3,300 ft) actually.

This weekend I am going to upgrade my P4P antenna, but I'll keep my Mavic stock as it's the one I'll bring for travel, so I'd like to keep it compact. If any windsurfer can gain me a little bit more distance on the Mavic, I'd be happy to get one. May be if you have the time to compare those windsurfers LOS, you care to share with us here?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada