DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

do you like the Mavic 3 more than Mavic Pro?

motopokep

Reactions
Debating whether I should fix my Mavic Pro or get Mavic 3 or wait for Mavic 3S if it's going to come out next spring. I love the 40+ minute flight time with the Mavic 3, the better camera, the zoom option, but I've read there GPS issues with Mavic 3, or has that been fixed?

Trying to compare those 2 drones is like comparing a 1989 Mercedes and a 2022 Mercedes. Both will get you from A to B and give you want you want but the later model will give you more features, better safety, more flight time etc etc etc. Its a no brainer which to pick if you have the cash.

Debating whether I should fix my Mavic Pro or get Mavic 3 or wait for Mavic 3S if it's going to come out next spring. I love the 40+ minute flight time with the Mavic 3, the better camera, the zoom option, but I've read there GPS issues with Mavic 3, or has that been fixed?
Since the last major update, the location features on my Mavic 3 have worked better than any drone I’ve owned - and the improved zoom features and quality lead me to say - go buy one now and enjoy it

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Trying to compare those 2 drones is like comparing a 1989 Mercedes and a 2022 Mercedes. Both will get you from A to B and give you want you want but the later model will give you more features, better safety, more flight time etc etc etc. Its a no brainer which to pick if you have the cash.
The 1989 all day. Twice on Sundays. With that said, I prefer the way the OG Mavic flies, but I overall prefer my Mavic 3 for its capabilities.

I sold my Mavic 2 Pro after using my new Mavic 3 to get used to it I find the M3 superior in most every parameter . The only missing thing from the M2_ was the Waypoints which I hardly ever used anyways. The M3 give superior images and had a flight time that makes a huge difference in my flying. I finally sold the M2P because I ws fearful that as my batteries gradually deteriorated, there would be no replacement batterie on the market. Also no mor3 support from DJI.

The Fly app will be your adjustment. It is much better now than when first revealed and more user friendly. The fly time on the M3 is a real plus.

I've really enjoyed my Mavic 3 since all the refined updates, I still have my Mavic 2 Pro though as backup, and i also have really taken to the DJI Fly app as well, seems very, very reliable & so easy to use, for instance I took my Mavic 3 to a local holiday hotspot near me ( Towyn, North Wales ) before the trip I charged 3 of the 5 Mavic 3 batteries up & ended up only needing one for the entire trip, just downloading the 93Gb of video files now as I type this to my PC & will let the caravan owner see the site from the air for future bookings. The flight time combined with the rock solid signal & range and most of all the pure quality of the captured video is a massive jump up when compared to the Mavic 2 & I wouldn't even put the original Mavic Pro in the same context to be honest.

Reactions: motopokep
I have the original DJI goggles, wonder why they have been discontinued. My flights are mostly with the goggles, a much more immersive experience. I'm convinced to get one, but not in a hurry, can wait till 3s improved version that's rumored to come out next year. I have the FPV to fly in the meantime.

Sounds great, but until I see a few DNG files from the telephoto camera I am not going through the hassle of finding out for my self to the tune of $5K if it works or not.

Actually, both the M3 and the Air 2S are now compatible with the orIginal (now discontinued) DJI Goggles, through the mini HDMI out port on the RC Pro. Lightly used DJI Goggles can still be found for sale.

Yes I thought of that later, running my RE goggles on my Spark drone with HDMI adapter.
The M1P with Ocusync is nicer though without all the cabling.

Almost all DJI drones are compatible in that way with HDMI, but very limited in functions.
I guessed the OP had goggles for his M1P, but maybe just wanted to get a set.

Original Ocusync drones have so many great functions, I think the M1P, MPP, and M2 run all the features available on the original white and RE goggles.

Mavic 3 GPS issues have been corrected. I love mine.

I sold my Mavic 2 Pro after using my new Mavic 3 to get used to it I find the M3 superior in most every parameter . The only missing thing from the M2_ was the Waypoints which I hardly ever used anyways. The M3 give superior images and had a flight time that makes a huge difference in my flying. I finally sold the M2P because I ws fearful that as my batteries gradually deteriorated, there would be no replacement batterie on the market. Also no mor3 support from DJI.
I still have plenty of M2 batteries for replacements! At least a dozen! That shouldn't be an issue for anyone. Lots of P4P and P3P batteries, too, that are regularly maintained! I'm sure others do, too, if they kept the aircraft for backups! That being said, I don't fly the M2P, P4P, or P3P any more. M3 is just so superior in every way! 4 batteries for it is plenty, with the superior flight time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54