DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you plug in the drone to transfer files to the computer or pull the micro SD card?

Turn the drone on and it acts like an external drive. Open windows explorer and drag/drop files.
The drone gets real HOT so I bought a fan just for that reason
But it just takes a second to take the card out
Transfer the files with a fast USB reader no worries :cool:

If you don't have the nails for it just use the corner of a credit card or a guitar pick
think outside the box and keep your bird cool ;)

I generally pull out the SD card, because I don't want the drone electronics to go through a heat cycle, even though it would have a negligible impact on the drone's overall life, and because the cable I have is so short, it puts the drone in a very awkward position. On the other hand, micro SD slots definitely have a limited life span as well, I don't have the greatest confidence in the little spring mechanism. Since OcuSync seems to have decent bandwidth, it would be really nice if they can use that to allow wireless transfer. I know, definitely a first world "problem" that's not even a real problem, just wondering if there's a better way out there.
I always pull the card. Seems so much easier to me. Even have a pair of tweezers just in case. Also, I always format the card in the drone, not the computer.

I pull the card and use a micro usb adapter to transfer them (very quick). Then pass that on to my old man who sometimes takes forever to take a copy. Been meaning to get a second card for a while now..😆

Reactions: SoCal2S
I always pull the card. Seems so much easier to me. Even have a pair of tweezers just in case. Also, I always format the card in the drone, not the computer.
I never format it just delete all the files from the previous flight and keep today's in case you loose the files in your massive computer's memory storage system Thumbswayup

Pull the card, because its just a matter of time for you to bump / drop / scrape , Yank , or Tare the cord out of the computer or damage your drone or Gimbal while making it all fit near the computer.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50