DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does adding an LED Strobe affect Video?

ColinF

Reactions
I would like to add a Firehouse LED strobe to the bottom of my Mavic 2 Zoom to aid in maintaining VLOS. My concern is that it will degrade the video quality every time it pulses. Has anyone done this and did have any effect on your video? Aside from the video question, how did adding the strobe work out? Thanks.

It might. It depends on how dark it is, how clear the air is, the angle your camera is pointing, the reflectivity of your subject, and\or the coverage angle of your strobe.

The reason that the red LED's on the front arms of the MP turn off while recording is so it won't be picked up in the video or photos.

Reactions: ff22
Have you taken vid with it strobing? Does it help with keeping VLOS at a distance?

Great question. I was wondering the same thing since you cannot simply turn them off remotely.

Has anyone tried the light cube on a Mavic Pro? It looks interesting for night flights and light painting.

Have you taken vid with it strobing? Does it help with keeping VLOS at a distance?
More pictures than video. Again, have not seen any effect from the strobe.
One of the brightest lights you can use in my opinion. Very visible within one mile. I have not gone farther than that with my ac at night for what I do, but I have no doubt that it will work beyond that distance.

Reactions: ColinF
That’s the reason I use the Velcro. Easy to move to wherever you want.

Do you have a link for your strobe lights? Video? I’m interested in adding, but would like to see them in action. Thx!

I would like to add a Firehouse LED strobe to the bottom of my Mavic 2 Zoom to aid in maintaining VLOS. My concern is that it will degrade the video quality every time it pulses. Has anyone done this and did have any effect on your video? Aside from the video question, how did adding the strobe work out? Thanks.
You mentioned on the bottom.I haven't tried the strobe on the bottom but the built in light is bright.Probably doesn't rob much battery power.The single strobes are ok but the 4 strobe model is killer bright at night and pretty visible in daytime too.I wouldn'y mount it on the front arm as it will show up in vids or stills at night.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu