DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does any one know what this icon means?

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I watched a few videos and googled some and couldn't come up with it.. I have not seen this before and been flying quite a lot this year so I think its new or I toggled something I haven't before...

Also, I am on Android 11 and the fly app is 1.2.1 so its not the 1.2.2 update coming out with the compass stuff...

Any ideas? Solved: it is the subject scanning icon

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201227-123417.jpg
    Screenshot_20201227-123417.jpg
    862.6 KB · Views: 618
Last edited:
Which icon do you mean? The green on on the left? That indicates that your drone is in "Safe" mode and won't fly to the side where it's sensors don't see. I keep that turned off.

At the bottom middle it says the drone is off to your right and facing roughly the same way you are.

Reactions: hiflyer201
If you look closer at the pic there is an arrow up to the right at some weird squiggle circle.

Sorry, not familiar with that, and it doe seem to be shown in the manual.

Er, your data is now being transmitted to the headquarters of the chinese communist party? ?

Just kidding. Nothing in the manual about that icon.

I would be interested to know what it is also. Good catch Thumbswayup

I will keep a look out for that icon and see what functions this correspond to ;)

ADS-B icon? ?

Why does he still have the direction indicator at the bottom center of the screen? That was removed with the most recent update, and changed to a compass now located bottom left screen.

Why does he still have the direction indicator at the bottom center of the screen? That was removed with the most recent update, and changed to a compass now located bottom left screen.
He stated he is still on 1.2.1 on Android, before the compass relocation.

He stated he is still on 1.2.1 on Android, before the compass relocation.
I missed that detail so that makes it even more confusing.?

Last edited:
It’s the subject scanning icon. It detects people and objects in the frame.
That is good to know . I have another question do you know what the symbol is to the left of the satellite symbol I can’t figure that one out looks like a bugle pointing up and down?

That is good to know . I have another question do you know what the symbol is to the left of the satellite symbol I can’t figure that one out looks like a bugle pointing up and down?
Yep it’s obstacle avoidance front and back, white means on, red is off

Reactions: MA2 317
It’s the subject scanning icon. It detects people and objects in the frame.
Ah thanks, now that you say that i did turn that on recently and forgot about it... Interesting i would of thought I would have seen that before in the past so maybe the icon itself is relatively new.

Gona edit 1st post so people know the answer was found.

Ah thanks, now that you say that i did turn that on recently and forgot about it... Interesting i would of thought I would have seen that before in the past so maybe the icon itself is relatively new.

Gona edit 1st post so people know the answer was found.
Mine defaults to off when I’m done flying so that’s odd yours stays on

Sorry for digging up this old topic, I was searching for this icon and landed here, but have you exprerienced the same? I turn on subject scanning, do some active track, then switch to quickshot, do a quick and back to movie and subject scanning is off, i must turn it on again
(Mini 4 pro)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne