DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone else use a motorcycle as their primary drone hauler?

Rocket 3 GT

Reactions
Using my scoot to get the drone to where I want to launch lets me combine two of my favorite pastimes, motorcycle riding and flying the bird. Anyone else do this? If so put a pic along with the year, make and model so we can admire your ride. To start here is my Triumph Rocket 3 (thus the avatar):8AE57E16-84DE-443A-94B5-B62C9AB34656.jpeg

Have you ever seen an original Rocket 3? I have only ever seen one but gosh for a Brit bike I thought it was gorgeous.
I have just googled the Rocket 3, what size is the engine????????????

Reactions: Rocket 3 GT
from pre 2000? I can't remember how long ago it was I saw it but it might even have been in the 80s...... thinking about it BSA is creeping into mind

how did you make it?
You can get these at Harley Events , come in every shape . Barrel Canister they call them it just happened to be a Perfect fit for the Phantom where it slid in but did not move , super sweet. Now I wrap a Sweat Shirt Around the Air 2 and the SC and shove it in and works like a charm.

That bike of yours would look great with a Custom Barrell.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rocket 3 GT
You can get these at Harley Events , come in every shape . Barrel Canister they call them it just happened to be a Perfect fit for the Phantom where it slid in but did not move , super sweet. Now I wrap a Sweat Shirt Around the Air 2 and the SC and shove it in and works like a charm.

That bike of yours would look great with a Custom Barrell.
I’m gonna check into it. I guess it is waterproof?

Soon Very soon your going to be Filming your self riding that across the divide. I cant wait to see it.

Im not going to hold my breath but its coming : That orange is going to look like great on camera. .

Well I've not transported my MA2 with my motorcycle as of yet (I just fly at home) but here's my bike anyway, I could fit my MA2 in the tourpack if I wanted. And yep, Its ORANGE! 2007 FLTRI, just short of 100,000 miles.

View attachment 121894
Super nice scoot, and the orange makes it easy to spot at a rally amongst the thousands of black ones.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Just a head ups for those thinkin about the Active track, dont do it on the bike.
Set a way point from a to b and than follow the Drone and you cant go wrong and its a great way to keep it safe.

Super nice scoot, and the orange makes it easy to spot at a rally amongst the thousands of black ones.
Thanks, I like it too.

Yeah, I don't do rallies most of those guys don't know how to ride! I'd like to set up a shoe/boot sales booth though, with the way those guys ride with their "outriggers" down all the time they must go through LOTS of shoes!! Went to Sturgis once it was pathetic. (I'm an old ex riding instructor) Sorry I just call em as I see em!

An I agree with it being orange should be easy to see... Didn't even have it 2 weeks and a woman backed into me in a Harley parking lot!!!!! And I was standing right there yelling at her the whole time.. Talked about pissed!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998