DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone have a form to show authorities?

rickfmdj

Reactions
Hi guys, I was watching a video and an officer came to the person's car and asked what he was doing? Being a responsible pilot he told the officer to "pls read the laminated card" so he could bring his drone down safely. Any of you ever heard of this and if so, have a copy of this "Card"?

Thank you,

Yes. Lots of people carry different things. I don't carry this type of card, but what I do carry is a printed copy of state and local law and if flying on private property I try to obtain written permission and have that printed out as well. While I have never been approached by law enforcement I have been approached by security on a property I was filming. As he approached I reached into my back pocket for the email approving my flight, handed it to him, barely looking up. He read it, handed it back and said "have a nice day".

I tend to be very careful where and when I fly and so far anyone who has been close enough to speak to me has had nothing but positive remarks.

Yes. Lots of people carry different things. I don't carry this type of card, but what I do carry is a printed copy of state and local law and if flying on private property I try to obtain written permission and have that printed out as well. While I have never been approached by law enforcement I have been approached by security on a property I was filming. As he approached I reached into my back pocket for the email approving my flight, handed it to him, barely looking up. He read it, handed it back and said "have a nice day".

I tend to be very careful where and when I fly and so far anyone who has been close enough to speak to me has had nothing but positive remarks.
That sounds like a great way to approach this if a challenge came up. Thanks for your input

Reactions: vindibona1
My Part 107 license has been useful occasionally. I showed it to the police commander at a scene where his officers had said I couldn't fly. He looked at it and said, "Okay, you know what you're doing. Go ahead."
Studying for my part 107. Probably take it in March for April when the weather gets better in Chicago thanks for your answer

I'm a register drone operator as per the new EU rules introduced this year and I have an NFC tag on all my stuff that, when scanned, directs the person to the oficial certificate on the net.

Reactions: rickfmdj
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead