DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone know If the DJI support names are fakes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

supcarlos

Reactions
Does DJI give their employees a fake American name to give the impression of a more American support system?

Reactions: _gonzales_
Haha. How many people use their real name in this forum?
Btw, it's not called 'fake American name'. It's an English name that they might adopt so it makes it easy for people to remember and pronounce. I am of Chinese-descent, but my parents gave me an English name when I was born, that appears on my birth certificate. Same as my siblings, as my dad studied in Australia and knew how handy it would be for his kids to have an English name. I am not sure if I'd feel insulted if someone says I've got a 'fake American name'. Annoyed, maybe.

It's also common in India with people who work with English speakers. I appreciate people who try to make a working or personal relationship better through this practice. It's amazing for them to simply speak English which is a language with rules completely full of inconsistencies and exceptions.

Last edited:
Reactions: deleted member 877
I'm under the impression that DJI farms out their phone customer service to another company. So asking if the "DJI" employees use their real names is not the real question.

I don’t really care where they are or what their background is, what bothers me is that they’re being deceiving.
Why not let their employees use their “normal” name

I’ve been trying to figure out where their accent is from. It’s definitely not Indian...

Again im more upset that they try to hide it as opposed to being upfront and realistic.

I don’t really care where they are or what their background is, what bothers me is that they’re being deceiving.

I’ve been trying to figure out where their accent is from. It’s definitely not Indian...

Again im more upset that they try to hide it as opposed to being upfront and realistic.

Does someone's name really make any difference? Does it have a detrimental effect on the service being provided?
How do you know that it's a case of the employer not allowing the employees to use their "normal" names?

How are you so sure that DJI is giving names to their employees and "deceiving" you?

Reactions: WithTheBirds
Does someone's name really make any difference? Does it have a detrimental effect on the service being provided?
How do you know that it's a case of the employer not allowing the employees to use their "normal" names?
Wondering... how would a real name change anything?

The two DJI reps I spoke to- if I needed to guess I would say one was a native cantonese speaker, probably more Guangzhou than Hong Kong, with the other having a very pronounced mandarin accent. I didn’t ask for clarification. That would be rude and irrelevant. And yes they had English names. Both of them. Their mum probably gave them Chinese names also. So what? It is common practice. It only seems potentially dishonest to people who don’t understand. I would hazard a guess you might not be able to pronounce the Chinese names anyway- I know I struggle in an effort not to offend but the reality is they find it entertaining in most cases.

In answer to the original post, almost certainly (even my Indian and Chinese college friends used Westernized names in person). And I don’t care. I’ve had some terrible service with American reps and great experience with Indian or Malaysian or whatever reps. The names, or where they are from, are irrelevant (although, in the case of DJI, my telephone rep, using an “American” or westernized, name was terrible, and Rajiv, online, was brilliant and solved my problem). All I care about is that they know what they’re talking about, and at least at the elevated levels of service, the Indian call centers tend to do a great job.

That seems to be a fairly common thing. Where I live a lot of Asians have two names - the second one is their "western" name.
I missed your post but mentioned this in my post. You’re absolutely correct. I’m not sure that’s what’s going on with many call centers -maybe a “fake” (but readily identifiable for QC purposes) name rather than a “second” Westernized name - but who cares? To your point, three of my close friends (Alex, Mike, and John) have native Asian first (or if you want to get technical, second, for the ones from China) names but go by those in the US. Again, who cares?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan