DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does anyone use these Metal Remote Control Joystick Stick

No. I'm nut sure how much difference an additional few mm of throw would make to precision in flying. If you were competing in 3D acrobatics maybe but for these relatively sluggish flying machines I wouldn't expect too much advantage over the standard offerings.

Yes, I agree. Currently trying to find outr how long they are compared to the std sticks.

I have made my out but unsure what the thread was. Cut mine M6 but think it may be a fine thread and I only have corse

In my experience longer sticks do make a difference when precision flying, don't have them for my Maic’s but do for others.

You got me thinking now Petrolhead I wonder if I have any pipe that will slide over the Mavic sticks to test it out.

...I'm nut sure how much difference an additional few mm of throw would make to precision in flying. If you were competing in 3D acrobatics maybe but for these relatively sluggish flying machines I wouldn't expect too much advantage over the standard offerings.

I have the PolarPro version of extendable sticks for my Mavic Air ... they mainly double the length compered to the original at maximum extension. Huge difference when it comes to smooth out the stick movements, usually when I was in sport mode in speeds of 40mph+ it ended up in 2 pirouettes when I tried to do a smooth turn. With the longer sticks it's now easy to do controlled smooth turns. In GPS mode I actually dialed up the stick sensitivity (EXP setting) from 0.1 to 0.3 due to I felt that with these longer sticks the stick movement became to large before I could turn. A + with the Polarpro's is that they folded down still fit into the RC.

Polarpro extension remote sticks.jpg

I have the PolarPro version of extendable sticks for my Mavic Air ... they mainly double the length compered to the original at maximum extension. Huge difference when it comes to smooth out the stick movements, usually when I was in sport mode in speeds of 40mph+ it ended up in 2 pirouettes when I tried to do a smooth turn. With the longer sticks it's now easy to do controlled smooth turns. In GPS mode I actually dialed up the stick sensitivity (EXP setting) from 0.1 to 0.3 due to I felt that with these longer sticks the stick movement became to large before I could turn. A + with the Polarpro's is that they folded down still fit into the RC.

View attachment 87622
What length are they fully extended?

What length are they fully extended?
0.75 inch (stock length) to 1.25 inch ... but as you don't have a definite end of the extension (kind of a drawback) the max is "around" 1.25.

Yep I use them. Found I have better control. I put a dap of grease on the thread that screws into the remote and now they are easier to put on and take off.

I bought these and find they help in moderating the SC joystick movement....being taller, the top of the joystick has to move further to obtain the same amount of arc degrees, thus meaning the response of the AC is less. I find it particularly useful for yaws, even having adjusted the yaw sensitivity in the SC settings.

Clarification....the ones I have are from eBay and meant for the SC. I never found Polar Pro ones for the SC.

Last edited:

View attachment 87622
Just went to PolarPro website and the sticks are listed as PRODUCT DISCONTINUED :(

Just went to PolarPro website and the sticks are listed as PRODUCT DISCONTINUED :(
Yeah ... met the same message when I was looking for them. Searched nearby web-shops & several had them still in stock, so don't give up :)

Reactions: Thomas B
Yeah ... met the same message when I was looking for them. Searched nearby web-shops & several had them still in stock, so don't give up :)
Agree! They’ll allow you finer control of flight maneuvers and speed.

Another +1, I've used the PolarPro sticks for a while now and they definitely make a positive difference with finer control inputs when extended.

Reactions: Robert Granata
A possible cheap solution, at least, for the Smart Controller, is to find 4m screws of varying lengths. They fit both the threaded lanyard holes and also the stick sockets. Not as elegant but to test how you like longer sticks, they could work. I don't know the threading on the standard controller.

PolarPro looks good, but almost 30 eur on ebay.fr or amazon.fr is too much for me!

i paid 29.99 from polar, but it looks like they are out.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000