DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does DJI have a QC Problem?

Did anyone else notice the light and beeping when the guy's Mavic kept auto-landing? The light was blinking red and it sounded like it was in RTH mode. If the battery was bad and the Mavic thought it was out of juice, I suspect it would auto-land just like it did.

Yes, or a stuck 'Home' button on the remote?

Hi I am new here

Rydfree thank you for the link

My Mavic was born on Monday February 20th 2017.

No problems so far

In my opinion they very much do. First Mavic had 2 issues, decentred camera and 2 of the batteries had cosmetic issues - what looks like an oily residue (when the light hits it at a certain angle) that can't be cleaned.

Replacement Mavic still has decentering issues, but milder than the first. I'm just going to live with it for now because of the awful 3 week turnaround & seems like a complete gamble if you get a dud or not.

The replacement Mavic also has the oily residue issue on some of the plastic. There is also a small scratch mark on one of the arms.

I'll put both serials into the tool later...

Watching this video last night I could instantly see that a lot things that they are talking about seem to be mentioned on this forum. My Mavic is older and gives Zero problems. Guys like me scratch our heads when some guys are saying they are having certain issues, maybe this explains it.

Could the Mavic serial number lookup website be re-coded to ask if the model number that is entered has had any problems out of the box. Then the data can be bar graphed by the manufacturing month so we can see if this video is really true.

Rob

First Guy: First drone was "perfect" until I backed into a bridge. Second drone has a camera issue which DJI tried to repair (sadly still faulty). Third drone was replaced and the Mavic at the bottom of the river. Seems okay. Don't see how that is a production problem.

Second guy: Wait! I am taking off from a street! I need to make sure a car doesn't hit my Mavic! Flying in a "no-fly zone"? That's your problem.

Third guy: This is something very dangerous! Losing GPS lock switches to ATTI mode. Incredibly dangerous! Maybe hit a baby. Read the manual maybe? The Mavic is a consumer product and some consumers are idiots.

Fourth guy: I bought a defective umbrella! It started to rain and I don't open it. I got wet! Defective product!

First Guy: First drone was "perfect" until I backed into a bridge. Second drone has a camera issue which DJI tried to repair (sadly still faulty). Third drone was replaced and the Mavic at the bottom of the river. Seems okay. Don't see how that is a production problem.

I guess the point of the video was missed by you.

First Drone was the older original set when DJI was not under serious manufacturing pressure. It was perfect, just like mine and so many guys who got theirs in Nov, Dec. He crashed it, stuff happens.

Second Drone was made during the Rush period for DJI.
It had Jello in the video. Look up how many people have had this problem during that same period and you will be surprised.

Third drone was the replacement for the first. Its from the latest batch. Things have calmed down now at DJI and we have also seen less posts about the same issues like Jello or Black video, sudden ATTI mode etc. So yes he's right, the newest ones for the most part do not have the same consistent issues, they are less frequent and more random issues.

Second guy: Wait! I am taking off from a street! I need to make sure a car doesn't hit my Mavic! Flying in a "no-fly zone"? That's your problem.

Did you listen to the whole thing? It does not matter where he goes its telling him it's a NFZ! His friend is using a Mavic in the same location. The friends drone flies, his does not.

This another complaint we see on the forum from time to time, just maybe not as severe. This may be in part due to the really bad NFZ maps in China. In America they are also bad but in China it seems to be worst.

Third guy: This is something very dangerous! Losing GPS lock switches to ATTI mode. Incredibly dangerous! Maybe hit a baby. Read the manual maybe? The Mavic is a consumer product and some consumers are idiots.

Well yeah I think its dangerous if the drone just jumps out of GPS mode into Atti mode for no reason. This is another complaint that we saw a lot of on the forum during the peak sales of the Mavic. Once again the older models and the latest ones don't seem to have this issue very often.

Last edited:
He seemed experienced, so I doubt it. He did say he went to his friends location and the friend had no problems. The one thing he did not mention was if they are both running the same firmware.

Rob
Hi! Not just to you Robby but to all that are guessing about these 3 guys issues.
I know them, I met them, I live in China like them, and I own a MP like them (but just one, not 3 like Matt Jayoe! HAHA)
They all are quite experienced, they all run the latest firmware, and they know well about updating or guessing if they are or not inside a NFZ
The troubles they are experiencing are real and as you see...no tricks or lack of acknowledgment.

It is some kind of true that some Mavics came out with troubles, as if they were finished in a rush....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N