DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does my Mavic mini controller need more than 2 bars to connect?

Rhys_Cavill

Reactions
Good afternoon all!

I was flying my drone earlier and before I flew it, my controller was really struggling and taking its time to connect to the Mavic mini. The DJI fly app told me that the controller was connected, andI turned the drone on, but it wouldn’t connect! It finally connected and flew fine, but when the battery ran low on the drone and started to return home, the screen went black and said that the rc wasn’t connected, but the controller let me fly the drone manually without the screen. The controller had 2 lights for battery remaining, and shortly after, I put another battery in the drone again, and it flew okay, but when I turned it off and then back on later to review the footage, it wouldn’t connect. could this be down to the controller having only half (maybe less) of it’s full battery? Thank you

Sounds like the videos weren't being saved on the device's cache. The cable from the mobile device to the controller may be the problem or the usb plug in the controller. It's weak point.
You don't need a phone to fly the mini, just the controller. You will be limited to the controller's basic inputs.

Sounds like the videos weren't being saved on the device's cache. The cable from the mobile device to the controller may be the problem or the usb plug in the controller. It's weak point.
You don't need a phone to fly the mini, just the controller. You will be limited to the controller's basic inputs.
I think you’re right. I’ve been testing it, and it seems as though the cable keeps losing connection to the phone, and I think it’s due to the awkward design where you need to fit the cable through the hole of the handle. Is this a common problem?

I think you’re right. I’ve been testing it, and it seems as though the cable keeps losing connection to the phone, and I think it’s due to the awkward design where you need to fit the cable through the hole of the handle. Is this a common problem?

It is common knowledge that you use the bottom regular USB port for conencting to phone and use the side micro usb for dedicated charging.

Here is how mine looks like.

As you can see i have attached the cable with zip tie so i will never have to disconnect it from the controller.

That way the bottom usb port will not wear out from connecting/disconecting.

I also used the original mavic air small bag to store the controller separately from the main PGYTECH case.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 9
I would if it had that, but I have the Mavic mini controller, so it only has the side port. I’ll attach some images too.
I’ve been trying to find a cable that doesn’t need to be inserted at an awkward angle.
thank you for taking your time to reply and with the images too!

Attachments

• 212D9D03-DE88-48AA-B441-84C3B2BD1598.jpeg
    212D9D03-DE88-48AA-B441-84C3B2BD1598.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3
  • C51B19A6-25A0-4041-B463-4A93E38577E1.jpeg
    C51B19A6-25A0-4041-B463-4A93E38577E1.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4
Oh ok sorry.

Then the best way is to buy one of those magnetic tiny adapters that you dont need to keep detaching from the main port.

The ones they use for phones.

I think the mavic mini controller is a bad design. That side port already is a bad design.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail