DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does not look good

Claretcass

Reactions
This message was sent to 3rd party developers from DJI

1614815356348.png
This will affect the mini2 and updates for Maven DJI app, Litchi and probably others and future developments
As usual its none negotiable.

And they choose now to release ANOTHER drone...

Does this mean that Android users can expect no SDK issues?

It would seem so. The problem is with Apple but at the moment the message is the only information I have and I only got that from website of the developer of the “Maven DjI” app because I have been using it since it was first released and he has a blog.

Maybe buy a cheap supported Android phone in the short term... I think they may even give them away in Cheerios boxes!!

Not quite sure what you mean, but I assume you think all Android phones are cheap ? Regrettably the latest Samsung S series are more expensive than Apple phones.

Strange that Android is unaffected as DJI always seemed to favour the Apple brand.
Maybe buy a cheap supported Android phone in the short term... I think they may even give them away in Cheerios boxes!!

IOS is strictly controlled by Apple. Android is open sourced. It might not make it to the google play store, but like they are already doing, they can self publish apps in all format. Apple doesn't allow 3rd party app installation.

DJI would love to have the same level support in iOS as android. Apple isn't playing ball right now though. Is this related to the embargo the govt has on them?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13