DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Galaxy Tab S3 and/or S4 work fine with Mavic Pro?

Gizmo

Reactions
Hi guys I would like to know from somebody who owns either the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 or S4 to tell me if it works fine with the Mavic Pro. I have a Tab S2, which is a great tablet, but I was never able to get it working with my MPP.

And when I say works fine I mean really fine, no bs about having to power on stuff in an specific order while standing on one foot while jumping and rubbing my belly. I have an old Galaxy S7 phone that works with no bs, just plug it in and go flying, I want a good tablet that can do that too (not interested in Apple stuff, nor DJI Crystalsky)

Reactions: Larryb007
Hi guys I would like to know from somebody who owns either the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 or S4 to tell me if it works fine with the Mavic Pro. I have a Tab S2, which is a great tablet, but I was never able to get it working with my MPP.

And when I say works fine I mean really fine, no bs about having to power on stuff in an specific order while standing on one foot while jumping and rubbing my belly. I have an old Galaxy S7 phone that works with no bs, just plug it in and go flying, I want a good tablet that can do that too (not interested in Apple stuff, nor DJI Crystalsky)
I recently bought a Galaxy Tab S4 as fed up with Apple BS and it works great with my Mavic 2 Pro and Phantom 4 Pro, also my Galaxy Note 8 works with no issues,the phone never crashed once. I was a bit concerned when I bought the tab s4 as could not find any info on people using it, but works great.

Reactions: Larryb007
Awesome! Much appreciate the help, the Tab S4 looks awesome

That's good news, I've just found a place that seems to be getting rid of their last units, the Galaxy Tab S3 is for sale there at roughly the equivalent of USD$350, it's a no brainier, though I do really like the aspect ratio of the S4

At the end I bought the Tab S3 because it was on sale, already did a quick test without flying and worked just fine, already ordered a PGY Tech tablet mount and a spare USB C cable , if anything goes wrong I'll let you know

For those using a Galaxy Tab S3, which case are you using? Normally I'd go for the official Samsung one but as it's magnetic I'm wondering can it affect the joysticks? At one point when I switched the controller on I received an error which I realised was because it was sitting on a Galaxy Tab S2 official case.

Just looking for something minimal to protect it when in a backpack with the Mavic.

I use a Galaxy Tab A 8.5 in. screen. Purchased a used one on ebay for $65. I started with a 10.5 screen Tab A but found it too heavy and bulky to work with. It weighs 1.5 lbs and the 8.5" weighs .5 lb. Screen size just right.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura