DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does The New Air 3s Drone Broadcast FAA Remote ID Information

cammot53

Reactions
I am adding a new device and registering my New Air 3s on FAADroneZone Services.

Does the New Air 3s Drone Broadcast FAA Remote ID Information? If so, where is the ID information?

Secondly, should we add and register the RC 2 controller as a separate device?

Thanks

Other Air 3S owners will provide you with guidance on how to enter the RID information onto the database but you only need to register the drone; you don't need to add/register the controller.

Reactions: cammot53
Whenever I have to register a drone, I take advantage of the free registration stickers that Pilot Institute offers since your registration needs to be displayed on the drone's exterior. It takes 1-2 weeks to get them, but they are professional looking with all the vital details noted.

Whenever I have to register a drone, I take advantage of the free registration stickers that Pilot Institute offers since your registration needs to be displayed on the drone's exterior. It takes 1-2 weeks to get them, but they are professional looking with all the vital details noted.
I just got mine today. It took a lot longer than 1-2 weeks. Just sayin'

@cammot53

If you power up the controller, and connect to the aircraft and go to the About menu item, it will show you the Remote ID (if you threw away the box). It's the Remote ID SN. Yeah, it's a lot of digits!

1729565038268.png

Interesting. I had sent in a couple months ago for a single registration and it was 10-14 days. Depends on the demand I guess.

Reactions: cammot53
How does that go... don't complain about the free ice cream? ;)

Sure, I could buy a label printer, but then drone labels aren't really "free". :)

Trade offs...

• Haha
Reactions: Rchawks
I am adding a new device and registering my New Air 3s on FAADroneZone Services.

Does the New Air 3s Drone Broadcast FAA Remote ID Information? If so, where is the ID information?

Secondly, should we add and register the RC 2 controller as a separate device?

Thanks
So….now we know about labels, printers, debating over what is free, or not. But….
Does the Air 3s broadcast FAA remote ID, or not? Since it’s under the weight limit, is it optional or now reqquired?

Reactions: ryguy80 and Rchawks
So….now we know about labels, printers, debating over what is free, or not. But….
Does the Air 3s broadcast FAA remote ID, or not? Since it’s under the weight limit, is it optional or now reqquired?
Yes, it has Remote ID since it’s above 250g. Not sure what info you are looking at that it’s not.

724g takeoff weight. DJI Air 3S - Specs - DJI

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wforakerjr