DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A 7" Work With the Mavic Pro Controller?

...I dont get it, nearly everything I want works with Litchi......I just want the app that is SUPPOSED TO WORK with my Mavic, to simply WORK...
Don't we all.

Bought a new Samsung Tab A6 last week. Runs DJI GO4 like a dog. I even installed previous versions of the app via APK files and it still is unreliable and flaky. Latency and disconnect are so poor its unsafe to fly the drone but what did surprise me is that the app just never crashed. I was still watching the video feed 10 seconds after I had shut off the drone!!
Really disappointed that GO 4 doesn't run like it used to, considering most of the updates to the app have been for the Spark anyway.

Bought a new Samsung Tab A6 last week. Runs DJI GO4 like a dog. I even installed previous versions of the app via APK files and it still is unreliable and flaky. Latency and disconnect are so poor its unsafe to fly the drone but what did surprise me is that the app just never crashed. I was still watching the video feed 10 seconds after I had shut off the drone!!
Really disappointed that GO 4 doesn't run like it used to, considering most of the updates to the app have been for the Spark anyway.

Hey Goldiexxx I rooted the tab and it runs a whole lot better. No flight tests yet though.

Hello,
I´m planning to run the DJI GO 4 in the Samsuung Tab S2, this weekend.
Any sugestions, or someone have already tested it on this tablet??
What is the sequence of connections? Like first turn on the RC, then the MP, wait for connection, and then connect the USB to the Tablet/RC, and at last run the DJI Go 4?
The Mavic and RC are at the last versions of firmware, running OK with the Asus Zenfone 2 cell phone.
Thank you !!

amazing,seems like most problems are with new posters,lol,the ones that don't want to read thru the threads or search for an answer,my tab A works spot on,never a problem

amazing,seems like most problems are with new posters,lol,the ones that don't want to read thru the threads or search for an answer,my tab A works spot on,never a problem
You need to quantify that statement....
What is your software/firmware set up... not just bag 'new posters' lol...

OK, so never a problem, 'coz you never updated to .18, which is seemingly where this recent bout of problems started.
Try to help Sir.... your post was pointless.....

pointless?read all over this forum,tells you not to use .18,I think maybe you should read also

Only because people like myself 'upgrade' and found problems and reported on those problems, so people like you didnt have to go through them. Sheesh...

Not all of us are Ace Pilots like you Herr Von Richthofen. I purchased the Tab A based upon advice taken from this thread, and was sure to load Go4 Version 4.1.9 as advised. Well the app ran like rubbish, so somehow you have been lucky and it may have something to do with the combination of Firmware and the app version.
I received my MP as a Christmas gift, and until Boxing day had no experience with Drones. I spent two days researching how to get it setup so I didn't make mistakes. I'm not sure what firmware version was on it out of the box, but it did do an update immediately to the V01.04.0100. I installed Go4 4.1.18 on my Samsung S5 phone and it still runs great in that combination. So when I was looking to purchase a tablet to enhance the experience, I followed advice from people like you............. which didn't end as expected. Furthermore, the DJI Assistant doesn't allow me to downgrade from Firmware .0100 as it seems was possible in the past.
How about you tell everyone what firmware and app version you are using and that might actually put this thread in the cupboard with a solid explanation for the problems new users are experiencing.

Reactions: Simmo
Bought a tab A a couple weeks ago and it went back the next day. Piece of garbage. Got the Huawei wunder tablet instead, running great.

Not all of us are Ace Pilots like you Herr Von Richthofen. I purchased the Tab A based upon advice taken from this thread, and was sure to load Go4 Version 4.1.9 as advised. Well the app ran like rubbish, so somehow you have been lucky and it may have something to do with the combination of Firmware and the app version.
I received my MP as a Christmas gift, and until Boxing day had no experience with Drones. I spent two days researching how to get it setup so I didn't make mistakes. I'm not sure what firmware version was on it out of the box, but it did do an update immediately to the V01.04.0100. I installed Go4 4.1.18 on my Samsung S5 phone and it still runs great in that combination. So when I was looking to purchase a tablet to enhance the experience, I followed advice from people like you............. which didn't end as expected. Furthermore, the DJI Assistant doesn't allow me to downgrade from Firmware .0100 as it seems was possible in the past.
How about you tell everyone what firmware and app version you are using and that might actually put this thread in the cupboard with a solid explanation for the problems new users are experiencing.
sounds like you have a problem newbie,2 post and you know what to do or not do

Sorry for the late addition.
I recently was in the same predicament as you.Bought my Mavic wanted a bigger screen than the phone. Read that others were using the Samsung Tab A with success, so I bought one and found it was not able to use DJI Go4 latest version. Video feed was lagging or just not there, camera pan down and up operation was delayed by seconds and generally totally useless to fly with. I read all the forums, turned off all the features and other apps running in the background, new cables, even rolled back to DJI Go4 app to version 4.1.4 but the video was still lagging and the app camera operation was unreliable. I did more reading and discovered that the iPad mini 4 was generally more reliable. I bought one and it was like chalk and cheese, the video feed was great, no lag, the camera and video operates as expected and I am running the latest version of the Go4 app with an early version .000 of firmware with no issues.I actually enjoy flying now, confident the app isn't going to crash or the Mavic with it. In my opinion, save your money don't buy a Samsung Tab A,. I do recommend the iPad mini 4.
I must also say this is my first and only Apple product that I will probably own because it works.
And if you still want a Samsung Tab A I have one going really cheap, hardly used!
Enjoy.

Tests on the ground with my Rooted Tab A6 (2016) are quite solid. I loaded .3. Probably less than half a second of lag?? Just rain rain here atm, so not had time to put her up in the air.

Sorry for the late addition.
I recently was in the same predicament as you.Bought my Mavic wanted a bigger screen than the phone. Read that others were using the Samsung Tab A with success, so I bought one and found it was not able to use DJI Go4 latest version. Video feed was lagging or just not there, camera pan down and up operation was delayed by seconds and generally totally useless to fly with. I read all the forums, turned off all the features and other apps running in the background, new cables, even rolled back to DJI Go4 app to version 4.1.4 but the video was still lagging and the app camera operation was unreliable. I did more reading and discovered that the iPad mini 4 was generally more reliable. I bought one and it was like chalk and cheese, the video feed was great, no lag, the camera and video operates as expected and I am running the latest version of the Go4 app with an early version .000 of firmware with no issues.I actually enjoy flying now, confident the app isn't going to crash or the Mavic with it. In my opinion, save your money don't buy a Samsung Tab A,. I do recommend the iPad mini 4.
I must also say this is my first and only Apple product that I will probably own because it works.
And if you still want a Samsung Tab A I have one going really cheap, hardly used!
Enjoy.
I went exactly in the same direction. Just waiting for the ipad mini 4 to arrive in a couple days. I just don't need any angst when flying the Mavic, so went straight to what people are saying works without any problems.

You did the right thing at the time Goldiexxxx, things change, and that is exactly my point.
DJI said the TAB A (2016) was good, then brought out an update (.18) to kill it. Then say that the tablet is not compatible.
Its not fair on the general population of users.... **** I could have bought a tab A on a tuesday, and its no go on a thursday.....

What pee's me off, is that it works on Litchi..... so whats the diff??

I mean we can all go to the mod forum and start reinventing/ backwards coding/ evaluating/ undo-ing frikkin all sorts of shite, not frikkin fair DJI, not Frikkin fair.
Love your product, hate you with a passion.

Hi Guy. I download an old version of DJI. And it seems work!!!. To summary, I bought the Samsung Tab A. The device works fine until this dji update on September 2017. So I decide to downgrade with an old version (August 2017). I made a test yesterday. I could fly more than 1KM without lag and disconnections

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne