DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your Android tablet work?

Looks like your model has the Intel ATOM processor. I am not an expert on Android devices however my own conclusions from reading the posts on Acer Iconia users here is that the models with the Mediatek processor seem to work great and the models with the Intel processor don't seem to work at all. There are a few posts and my feeling is that the processor is the difference.
thanks for info
reselling the iconia
now decided to get the ipad mini 2
delivery wed

I've got go4 loaded via download other than dji and seems ok.
I've made all settings adjustments etc and seems ok.
Raining again so nothing tested.
Looks like your model has the Intel ATOM processor. I am not an expert on Android devices however my own conclusions from reading the posts on Acer Iconia users here is that the models with the Mediatek processor seem to work great and the models with the Intel processor don't seem to work at all. There are a few posts and my feeling is that the processor is the difference.
Hi
I Was not happy with acer tab so now I'm using iPad mini2
Much more reliable, fits controller perfectly and works like dream.
Well worth the extra £100 to have peace of mind and reliability

I run a Samsung S2 Tab which HAD V6 Firmware. Everything ran fine, both Litchi and DJI with my Mavic Pro
Samsung released V7 for the S2's the other day. I upgraded.
This I think was a bad mistake as Litchi does not connect to the controller anymore. Rebooted etc etc still nothing.
De installed both apps, reboot, instal litchi, still not working.
Fired up DJI GO 4 and connected perfectly.
Why would DJI GO connect but Litchi does not.
Any help would be appreciated, in the meantime i am going to see about rolling my firmware back to the previous version

to make your tab s2 work
you need to power off the tablet
then power on mavic and the controller
then plug the controller into the tablet. than power tablet on.

Thanks for that.
Exactly what I have been doing.

Ill wait until I am back from my hols then upgrade again to Nougat V7 and try it all again!

P.

Last week i got a samsung galaxy tab a6 for exclusive use with the MP. Had no crashes at all, good image but sadly suffering from some video freezing randomly. I downgraded several go4 versions and looks like 4.0.0 is running not too bad but wish it could be smoother, so i would not suggest this device for the MP. Running on Android 5.1.1.

I also just ordered this tablet while I'm waiting for my Mavic to be delivered Comments welcome
Acer Iconia One 7 NT.LCJAA.001;B1-780-K610 7" Tablet

• 1 GB DDR SDRAM +16 GB Flash Memory
    • 7" In-plane switching (IPS) technology 1280 x 720 Display
    • Android 6.0
    • Gigabit Ethernet, IEEE 802.11Abgn, Bluetooth 4.0
    • 1.30 GHz Mediatek cortex A53 MT8163

I'm using a galaxy tab s2 and love it, bit I want a dedicated Android tablet just for the mavic, I don't want to spend a whole lot on another tablet. Please let me know I'd you have one that works perfectly with the mavic and the new DJI go 4 thanks.

Yes - I have not had any issues with my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8inch. Both my iPad mini 4 and Galaxy Tab S2 are pretty much dedicated to my drones. Both fit into the controller without adapters. Haven't had a single issue yet when using either tablet, but I did have lots of issues with using my phone.

I have been guilty of it myself but tons of issues reported on here are misdiagnosed so be careful buying lots of new stuff until you fully understand what the problems are

I surprised at the number of people having issues with the Nexus 7 II. That's what I'm using now and I haven't had any issue or lag. When I used it with the Phantom 3S, all kinds of lag but it works great with the Mavic.

Not sure about acer Iconia. I know they make smaller tablets but they are not as THIN as the ipad or Galaxy Tab so it MIGHT not fit inside of the mavic controller and you might need a tablet adapter.

It appears the Acer model you asked about runs Android Marshmallow (6.0) and you only need to be above Android 4.3 so that part should be fine
John09121 hi, how works the iconia B1-780??

Not to speak for anyone else but others had issues. I would suggest nothing but ipad or samsung galaxy due to size (thin enough for controller) and updates. Almost all other tablets are complete crap, and the actual "good" ones are too heavy or thick. Nexus was good but now is not produced anymore and rarely updated and was too thick with too big of a bezel in my opinion

Reactions: Dann
I use a Galaxy Tab S2 8" (SM-T710) and have had no issues whatsoever. Fits nicely in the Mavic's holder and both DJI Go and Litchi work perfectly. The only issue I have is that the controller charges my tablet while in use but I just make sure that the tablet is fully charged and airplane mode is on before I fly. Helps minimize the discharge.

I use a 2013 Nexus 7 (the 2nd gen model) running SimpleNexus ROM (Android 6.0.1) and it crashes less than 5% of the time. I'm relatively happy with that.

Plus it's one of the brightest screens of any Android tablet ever made.

I've got a Sony Xperia Z Ultra phone (2013) that I had put aside when i bought a new iPhone. I have an iPhone 5 and 6 plus, the 5 didn't work with DJI GO4 app and I didn't want to use my 6 plus as I would be receiving calls and messages. Out of curiosity, I charged up the old Xperia Z Ultra and deleted all unnecessary apps, cleared out the internal storage etc. It is loaded with Android 5.1 lollipop and runs brilliantly with the DJI GO4 app. I regarded it as an old phone that would be of no use, but when I researched the specs, I was surprised! It has a 2.2ghz quad core cpu, 2gb ram and 16gb internal memory and micro sd card slot. The screen is 6.4 inch 1080x1920. This phone is large but very thin (6.5mm) and fits the mavic controller perfectly. I am still learning how to fly and I don't use any other apps besides DJI GO4, but this setup has not crashed on me, the screen is very large and bright and the battery in the phone is 3050mah. I put the phone on flight mode, turn the brightness up and it works great. I don't have any cell service on this phone (no sim), only connect it to wifi in my house to install DJI GO4 and everything is working, I am also on .400 firmware. Just posting this as a cheap display for your mavic controller or perhaps someone has one of these phones sitting in a drawer and wondering if it will work!

What really annoys me is the cable issue for tablets- You will notice they become impossible to find on Amazon during the summer in the US.

I got a braided 6inch right-angle USB to lightning. First one didn't work seller sent a replacement - Both of them would connect and disconnect all the time. Useless. I might actually look for Apple-Certified only, but finding that in right-angle is next to impossible. Finding right angle <AND> apple certified <AND> 6 inches? Pfft good luck

Thanks @PropPilot for the info! For those in Canada, Staples is having a sale on them for $89. It's a slightly different model but close, B1-780 with the MTK8163 1.3ghz quadcore and I can confirm it seems fine (3 flights). Although they do have a few different ones for sale, including a $59 one, this is the one I bought: acer iconia tablet

Thanks again!

To Proppilot- I did find the Acer iconia at Canada Computers, on for 95 bucks or a refurbished for 85 bucks, Canadian. I went for the new one & I pulled out the Mavic controller to check fit the Acer tablet. Tech says- Oh, for a drone you should take the refurbished Acer, that one has the MedTek processor, which seems to works best.
I guess the word is getting out that the Acer iconia is a great choice for our birds!
So far, no lag , no dropouts whatsoever, great tip & thanks again.

Wow. This is what worries me about buying DJI. Last year I had a P4, but none of my Androids would work properly. Two had purple lines on the screen, the other the Go app would crash or lock.

I'm certainly not going to spend $$$ more for an IPad (or Android for that matter) just to be able to fly. It seems to work ok with my Motorola Droid Force so far, knock on wood but not with the Moto Mod battery attached. I don't want to use the phone however. The Tab 4 Pro will not fit, neither will the Tab E.

What's the largest phone/tablet that will fit the controller? I strictly bought the MP for the portability and nice camera for its size, so don't want a huge monitor as it all must fit in the provided man purse.

Bottom line: I will buy a new dedicated Android tablet, but only one that works reliably and is around $100. Impossible?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS