DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Does your two-way charger go into quick charge mode reliably? Sometimes I need to plug it in again or it'll blink slowly.

cohaolain

Reactions
Hi everyone! I just started flying with a brand new Mini 2. The first time I plugged in the two-way charger, it appeared to start charging normally, but then started charging with a very slow blink. After unplugging the charger and plugging it in again, it started to charge normally at full speed again.

I'm using the fast charging adapter and cable that came with the FMC, and this has happened a couple of times when plugging in the charger. It seems a little random as to when it happens (but normally it starts to operate perfectly after replugging it once).

Has anybody else encountered this with their adapters/two-way chargers? Maybe it's some hiccup with the QC protocol or something, or cable, or charger... But first I wanted to check if this has happened to anybody else!

Haven’t had that issue with mine, but I always use the supplied DJI charger and cable. Don’t know if that makes a difference
Regards

Reactions: cc_jim
I am also a relatively new Mini 2 owner. I noticed when charging with the DJI supplied charger the lights seemed to sequence flash a lot faster than compared to when I used another charging block.

The conditions describe are caused by the handshake between the charger and the drone or two way charger.
The charger, (as in the supplied DJI USB charger) is 18W and when the handshake is properly acknowledged it charges @ 12V-1.5A, (18W). The higher wattage produces the faster blinking lights. This is covered in the Mavic Mini & Mini 2 manuals and relates to QC2 & QC3 protocols, (USB). The MM & M2 can also be charged faster using a USB C PD charger @ 24W & 29W respectively. This is also in the manuals.

Reactions: Gagey52
The conditions describe are caused by the handshake between the charger and the drone or two way charger.
The charger, (as in the supplied DJI USB charger) is 18W and when the handshake is properly acknowledged it charges @ 12V-1.5A, (18W). The higher wattage produces the faster blinking lights. This is covered in the Mavic Mini & Mini 2 manuals and relates to QC2 & QC3 protocols, (USB). The MM & M2 can also be charged faster using a USB C PD charger @ 24W & 29W respectively. This is also in the manuals.
You are exactly right! For whatever reason I thought the charging hub maxed out at 12w 1.5v, but apparently can go up to 12w 3A, good tip since I haven't been using my pd chargers. Any idea how long it takes to completely charge at 29w?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000