DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

........Dog

Is not a waste if you speak about what you could do with Mavic+dogs...following is amazing. Dogs are also good for mavic rescue..I trained my siberian husky to bring me to the drone every time I lose it and it's very usefull, better then gps!!

Reactions: Trill136
I expected this topic would be about danger of stray dogs invading your landing zone.
Just put it in Off Topic and you're good to discuss almost anything.

My dog adores all my drones. Whenever she hears a startup melody (she knows all 4 of them) she's instantly extremely happy. She knows it me controlling them. She looks up to the sky and then at me, making the connection. Very smart animal. All dogs are.

My dog adores all my drones. Whenever she hears a startup melody (she knows all 4 of them) she's instantly extremely happy. She knows it me controlling them. She looks up to the sky and then at me, making the connection. Very smart animal. All dogs are.
What breed is your dog? - Curious as my Australian Cattle Dog goes nuts when I light up my Drone. She acts like it is a threat and wants to destroy it. - she also likes to attack flies and bees - has to be the buzz of the wings.

I don't think its the propellers though as she gets upset even if they are not turning. I suspect she has an issue with the ultrasonic sensors. Anybody have any ideas how I can change her behavior to be more accepting of the Mavic?

What breed is your dog? - Curious as my Australian Cattle Dog goes nuts when I light up my Drone. She acts like it is a threat and wants to destroy it. - she also likes to attack flies and bees - has to be the buzz of the wings.

I don't think its the propellers though as she gets upset even if they are not turning. I suspect she has an issue with the ultrasonic sensors. Anybody have any ideas how I can change her behavior to be more accepting of the Mavic?
I have a original Dutch Kooiker Dog. It is a small kind op spaniel that was bred and used since the 1200's for duck hunting in the north of the Netherlands. She loves bees and wasps and whenever we have a meal on the balcony she defends our table agains any flying yellow striped insects. She eats them with great pleasure be it with long teeth, She bites them in half first, never got stung. I think she adores the drones because she makes the connection from the drones to me. She loves everything I love, playing piano, sailing, 4x4 driving, motor boating, and off course droning.

Here's a link to an old clip from 2014 I made after dinner with my first Phantom, featuring her (beginning of the clip). I flew way too high back then, mind you, there were no drone rules yet.
The camera (GoPro) was fixed without gimbal giving a good idea of what the wind at altitude was doing. Never intended to be a video masterpiece, just fun.

I love this dog! Although every time I play the grand piano she wants to sing along, howling like a wolf. That's kind of a PITA, can't get her to understand that she should listen quietly. But she just loves music as well and because she connects that to me, she can't help to howl along with the alpha wolf (me).

It's definitely intelligence at a serious level.

I have a original Dutch Kooiker Dog. It is a small kind op spaniel that was bred and used since the 1200's for duck hunting in the north of the Netherlands. She loves bees and wasps and whenever we have a meal on the balcony she defends our table agains any flying yellow striped insects. She eats them with great pleasure be it with long teeth, She bites them in half first, never got stung. I think she adores the drones because she makes the connection from the drones to me. She loves everything I love, playing piano, sailing, 4x4 driving, motor boating, and off course droning.

Here's a link to an old clip from 2014 I made after dinner with my first Phantom, featuring her (beginning of the clip). I flew way too high back then, mind you, there were no drone rules yet.
The camera (GoPro) was fixed without gimbal giving a good idea of what the wind at altitude was doing. Never intended to be a video masterpiece, just fun.

I love this dog! Although every time I play the grand piano she wants to sing along, howling like a wolf. That's kind of a PITA, can't get her to understand that she should listen quietly. But she just loves music as well and because she connects that to me, she can't help to howl along with the alpha wolf (me).

It's definitely intelligence at a serious level.
Here's a clip my son shot from the dog while I was trying out water landings with floats on my Inspire1.

Liddy was hired to walk me. She does an excellent job at that so I have asked her to help me with some other tasks, like let me know when the microwave is done, the kettle has boiled and other hearing things as I have a hard time with these unless I'm right on top of them. She also attacks the string trimmer and lawnmower. Like all things in life... more work required :)

By the way, I am familiar with the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje, as our Agility trainer is very active in the breed organization. Beautiful dogs.

das1705058556-edit-copy-1.jpg

Liddy was hired to walk me. She does an excellent job at that so I have asked her to help me with some other tasks, like let me know when the microwave is done, the kettle has boiled and other hearing things as I have a hard time with these unless I'm right on top of them. She also attacks the string trimmer and lawnmower. Like all things in life... more work required :)

By the way, I am familiar with the Nederlandse Kooikerhondje, as our Agility trainer is very active in the breed organization. Beautiful dogs.

das1705058556-edit-copy-1.jpg
Great photo! Is that a border collie? Amazing dogs.

My boxer tries to pull mine out of the sky and she can get surprising height from the ground. My lab and beagle couldn't care less about it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fly2pro