DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

d'oh - crash

Yeah, I'm also very careful when it comes to using RTH function. Actually to be honest I've never used it yet, and hope that I never have to use it. I really prefer to fly the drone back to me myself! I take off from inside my 4-th floor apartment's sitting room, and fly out my balcony! So my RTH point is usually somewhere in my sitting room! I have my RTH altitude set to 45m because there are some taller buildings around mine. All this means that if I have to use RTH my drone will fly back to me, over the building I live in, and try to land on my roof! I've tried to set my RTH point just outside my balcony, so that it should just come back and land itself somewhere in the downstairs parking lot - but I've never tried it. I think I will most probably use RTH in like emergency situations, like no signal or my remote dies or something. But as long as I have connection to the drone - I'll always prefer to fly it back home manually.

:)

You are braver than I. I have never flown off of any apartment balcony.

I rely on RTH after extended waypoint missions, use often. I have no options, as the is out of radio contact.

I don’t think I would trust RTH to hit the side of building accurately.

Reactions: japharl
You are braver than I. I have never flown off of any apartment balcony.

I rely on RTH after extended waypoint missions, use often. I have no options, as the is out of radio contact.

I don’t think I would trust RTH to hit the side of building accurately.

wanna see me fly off my balcony and then back in at the end?

I don't rely on RTH at all, I rely on flying back myself and always knowing exactly where I am and how I'm moving. I do set my home point, usually in my sitting room, so that I can use RTH in situations where I lose connection or something, then I expect the lil Mini to start heading back my way! As soon as I have connection again I will Cancel the RTH and manually fly back inside my appartment.

cool cool

enjoy, sweet....

Reactions: KennyL
The DJI insurance is not the greatest !
I would recommend getting with Allstate or other insurance companies which have a great feedback on this forum for paying a claim.
Smash your drone - they buy you a new one

wanna see me fly off my balcony and then back in at the end?

I don't rely on RTH at all, I rely on flying back myself and always knowing exactly where I am and how I'm moving. I do set my home point, usually in my sitting room, so that I can use RTH in situations where I lose connection or something, then I expect the lil Mini to start heading back my way! As soon as I have connection again I will Cancel the RTH and manually fly back inside my appartment.

cool cool

enjoy, sweet....
Nice view - - even before launching the drone !

I would like to correct / amend my earlier statement about DJI insurance....
I had an " Ohh S**T " moment a few weeks back.
Sent the Mavic 2 Pro to DJI for repairs.
Since I had the DJI Care Refresh coverage..
It cost me $119 usd and they sent me a BRAND NEW Mavic 2 Pro with props and all
( sealed box with all the many many little yellow safety tabs to be removed )

I can't complain at all - - guess I was still a little Piss*d off at myself for my own mistakes
and voiced out prematurely
>> felt great to pull those little tabs off - LOL <<

Can't wait to give her the maiden flight but raining like crazy - Uhggg

Fly Safe All
Cheers

I set my RTH altitude at 200 ft - - not going to find any trees at that altitude
well, my issue was that I set rth at 300 feet, but when it returned home, it went through trees (which was to the right of where it took off...)

I use RTH more of a return to range than home the few times I've lost connectivity (usually >600m). As soon as it gets back in range, which only takes a few seconds, I cancel and control it manually. I think I'd only use the true RTH if the controller had some kind of issue.

I use RTH more of a return to range than home the few times I've lost connectivity (usually >600m). As soon as it gets back in range, which only takes a few seconds, I cancel and control it manually. I think I'd only use the true RTH if the controller had some kind of issue.
good idea for the future; thanks. :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven