DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dolly zoom?

My opinion is that they won't. It'll just be another reason to move up to the II. Plus, I wonder if the Pro would even be able to do a dolly. Maybe there's something in the mechanics or the firmware that's not available in the Pro

It's amazing what they can do with software. Dollyzoom on the MP
Would be very do-able to a software developer who wants to cash in
IMO.... .. cR

Reactions: Zyskman78
What about the hyperlapse features? You think they will come to the Pro/Platinum?

You can do it by software but with **** quality.
They obviously won't give a function to the Pro that gives way lower quality than the same thing done with the "non-Pro".

If you want it you can easily do it yourself in post.

Reactions: charliesRig
What about the hyperlapse features? You think they will come to the Pro/Platinum?
Unlike Dolly Zoom which requires actual hardware or post-production software, those features should theoretically be doable on the Mavic. But those arguing that software can create Dolly Zoom on the old Mavic bear in mind that it needs to be rendered and the Mavic's CPU is likely not equipped to handle that.

very little chance of any new features trickling down to the ol mav 1, why would they? they are in the market to sell drones,,,,,not keep current owners happy, when the mav air came out withe the small world feature, i said wow i want that in my mav,,,,,,,wont happen, but it did,,,,,in the new mav,,,,,haha but wont be offereded in a firware upgrade i am sure for the mav1

They are trying to tease you into buying a new Mavic 2 with shots that you can easily do in post with a decent video editor.

WE HAVE A WINNER. !!!
......and thank you for that
.....my thought was not DJI
But a 3rd party software
Company could do it
(dolly zoom)in real time

....] used to be able to zoom in with my Mavic pro in 1080p but not in 4K
Then why shot in 4K.?

Because quality... And freeze frame shot are amazing and once you get your shot you can zoom in (on my computer) .... Amazing clarity.! (JPEG not RAW)

My world is ever expanding
I read stuff on this board about post editing. Color.contrast .
I'm blown away. And do some With non fancy editing software (paint. Net.)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark