DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dominican Republic drone video

jopolski

Reactions
Hello!

I was hoping to share my video from Dom. Rep. shot entirely with P3P and edited in fcpx. That drone has now been made redundant and I am hoping to shot another one using the Mavic!

I think it's a common thought after posting the video, that few things could've been edited differently...or is it just me?

Feedback welcome.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yoda007
Not bad but not great either. I think the video looks washed out a bit and you probably didn't use any ND Filters. A lot of the footage is typical drone stuff right, so when you're flying you have to figure out what you can do to make things different. 40 - 44 seconds, great stuff. 1:05, cut that shot in half and fly it either really fast and straight or slow and closer to the gazebo. 1:55 nice! 1:58 nice! 2:12, excellent! 2:18 - 2:28 more of that! Framing is important and I think you hit on the rule of 3rds in a few shots but by accident! Keep up the good work and all your shots will look like those I pointed out.

Last edited:
Not bad but not great either. I think the video looks washed out a bit and you probably didn't use any ND Filters. A lot of the footage is typical drone stuff right, so when your flying you have to figure out what you can do to make things different. 40 - 44 seconds, great stuff. 1:05, cut that shot in half and fly it either really fast and straight or slow and closer to the gazebo. 1:55 nice! 1:58 nice! 2:12, excellent! 2:18 - 2:28 more of that! Framing is important and I think you hit on the rule of 3rds in a few shots but by accident! Keep up the good work and all your shots will look like those I pointed out.

Well thanks a lot for that. I need to work little more with colours, I agree with that. I also agree about the rule of 3rds. I didn't know about it, but I did think it would look better that way.

The practice must continue.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Yoda007
Very nice vid with a lot of great shots, good cutting and music.
Good work, congrats!

Im am next week at the location- is it easy to get access to Mirador Senator, in your vid at 1:06 ?

Ciao Rob

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU