DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don’t Let Your Friends to Fly Your Drone

noyan

Reactions
Hi Folks,

Yesterday, my friend crashed my MM unfortunately. Which seemed impossible to crash in an open wide area. I’ve contacted and sent after to service for repairs.

So, this was a lesson for me not to give the controller to friends who asks.

Stay safe.

9a676031d73b605aba9bb39cbd9d7e47.jpg
7e552cce9d8bf228138b754e0cf53ee5.jpg
22381827e84b1e62b41d13d30e0a06a2.jpg

Would be nice, however I was very calm and patient and said **** happens.

But, it was an very very rubbish accident. There was no buildings etc. It was an wide open area. He flew 5-6 minutes successfully, then he descended the MM to the ground and just said “I’m so sorry.”

I’m not expecting anything but, it would be nice to ask at least to repair or getting a new one.

I am so sorry to hear your story. My MA2 is too new for me to ever let anyone else touch it. Non judgemental but hopefully educational question.....Where was the supervising RPIC at the lead up to the crash?

Reactions: RMS001 and noyan
I am so sorry to hear your story. My MA2 is too new for me to ever let anyone else touch it. Non judgemental but hopefully educational question.....Where was the supervising RPIC at the lead up to the crash?
Actually I was on his side from start of the take off but, my 6 year old son got the torch in his hand near our camp fire somehow while my wife wasn't avare and I just left my friend 10 seconds. Clearly said to him fly high to prevent any risks. I stepped a few meters to grab the torch from my son. At 9th second drone flew above us and then crushed to the rocks. Actually I am very happy it didn't hit us.

However, my 6 year son flew many times without any accidents or trouble. Kid is talented for these stuff but, apparently my 38 years old friend is not..

Actually I was on his side from start of the take off but, my 6 year old son got the torch in his hand near our camp fire somehow while my wife wasn't avare and I just left my friend 10 seconds. Clearly said to him fly high to prevent any risks. I stepped a few meters to grab the torch from my son. At 9th second drone flew above us and then crushed to the rocks. Actually I am very happy it didn't hit us.

However, my 6 year son flew many times without any accidents or trouble. Kid is talented for these stuff but, apparently my 38 years old friend is not..
Taking care of you son was first priority!! That certainly explains it for sure. At least your son is ok and the drone can be fixed/replaced. Hopefully you are up and running again soon.

Reactions: dozzn and noyan
Noyan, I'm sorry you have to repair your MM, but think you were doing a good thing in letting your friend fly it. What better way to share the fun, and perhaps win friends or new members for the drone community, than give others a chance to try their hands at flight? (Under safe conditions and supervision, of course.)

This is something lots of us should be doing. And sometimes, those of us who share will have to pay for repairs as a result. My sympathies are with you that you're the unlucky one this time. But I salute you for your good efforts! :)

I've been at the dogpark( the Mavic Mini belongs to the puppy and I only fly it there when we are the only dog in the park) and asked why I let my 8 year old fly it when I say no to the adults who want to try. I've told them I trust my 8 year old but don't know them from Jack

Reactions: noyan and RMS001
Your friend should file a claim with his homeowners insurance. Everyone’s homeowners insurance carries a provision for damage to the property of others. It’s just like your friend was driving your new car and had an accident. No deductible is involved and your friends insurance company should reimburse you. another example would be the case if your friend was at your house for dinner and broke a plate or burned a hole in your sofa. Most people don’t seem to use this provision that they pay for every year.
Sam Owen Esq.
PS: I am a better lawyer than I am a drone pilot.

I agree, friends homeowners or renters insurance should cover repairs. Unless you have Care Refresh.

Reactions: noyan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe