DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Doncaster

Where in a Doncaster are you? I’m in Hatfield. Plenty of farmland around here, and I tend to fly on around farmers fields when I’m just messing around.

The council haven’t banned use in local parks as long as you stick to the rules. Over this way we have Quarry Park in Dunnsville, and Jubilee fields. I’ve flown at both without problems. Drone Guidance - Doncaster Council

Last edited:
Reactions: Ridgeback
what about the racecourse
You need permission from the race course, and they won’t give it even with a PFCO (I’ve tried).

Hi Blackfox welcome to Mavic Pilots

New flyer advice.
Wide open space.
Slow & easy.
Power-lines & trees are evil.
Don't forget to reed the manual ;)

Thank you I am based in Bessacarr so Hatfield not too far. Do you contact farmer or just go for it?

I think that’s good advice cyborg that’s why I need some quiet space intitially!

Where is a good safe place to try my new mavic 2 pro around Doncaster I am a complete novice although I have been studying for pfco exam.
Hi Blackfox welcome to the forum. I have flown mainly Arksey to Barnby Dun , Barnby Dun towards Kirk Bramwith area and Hatfield Lane at Barnby Dun toward the Quarry Park at Dunsville which Lastrexking mentions this would be a good area for you to start having clear line of site reasonably flat and not much water to worry about.

I also speak to farmers and have flown from farmland when permission was granted ,I am meeting one on his farm soon(Covid 19 Permitting) to discuss areas I may film etc. Always best to discuss and get permission off landowners -some farmers may refuse which is understandable (Rural crime - lowlifes using footage /Images off FB to plan crime /access routes to commit crime).

I also use google earth measuring tool it is excellent to plan flights and distance from buildings/built up areas etc.I also use NATS Drone Assist App.
Us Donny lot will have to have a meet sometime.

That’s great ridgeback thank you. Nice to know I’m not alone in Donny I thought I would find some kind of club to join but not found anything local yet

What do you fly rexking?

I have quite a few drones, but mostly fly my Mavic Air. I stick it in my bag and go off on my bike. I tend not to ask farmers permission as I’m not taking off from their land and I’m never bothering them.

I guess at your end of town you might be restricted by the Airport?

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
Yeah I’m too close to the airport where I live. Looked on google earth and the fields you suggested look ideal so I will definitely be trying there soon.

Found a grass field on bramwith Lane next to level crossing. Flew drone for first time no issues! Flew in beginner mode so didn’t go too far away. Controls are quite intuitive and easy to use. Tried RTH which worked well. Surprised at how quiet it is. I will feel more confident next time I fly. Thank you all for your helpful info.

Reactions: Tinyroo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InspectorTom