DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't bother to bring your Mavic Pro Drone to Island hopping in Thailand.

Sayyid Farhan

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I have been to Thailand last week and had a bad experience when I doing island hopping. Majority of the island I went is a no fly zone. There's No Drones signs everywhere. If you went to a private island with no National Park Ranger you are able to fly but Phi Phi island, Tub Island, Chicken Island, Poda island and Phra Nang Beach is a no fly zone. I only managed to fly at Ao Nang Beach and Tiger Cave Temple.

Not surprising. Flying in parks and areas frequented by large number of tourists would probably be frowned on. Might try some islands further off the beaten path. Koh Lanta, maybe.

Not surprising. Flying in parks and areas frequented by large number of tourists would probably be frowned on. Might try some islands further off the beaten path. Koh Lanta, maybe.
Maybe you can go to a beautiful deserted island where there's nobody on that island. you can fly with no issue. I find it strange as an island is considered as a national park.

Bummer. I'm heading to Thailand on Monday and will report back on my experience. Will be in Chiang Mai, Koh Lanta, Krabi, and Khao Lak. Hoping for some great shots.

Reactions: MadValley
Most national parks ban them. There are lots of areas of Thailand that aren't national parks.

Khao Lak (where i am) has a lot of beach so fairly crowded. Not specifically banned but i guess unwise to fly there. Memories beach just north is empty and fine. There is also plenty of mountain and jungle to fly over.
Common sense again, dont fly it close to or over people or disrupt people relaxing on a quiet beach by the whining noise of a low flying or hovering drone.

As long the island is empty and deserted you can fly your drone. But those island I mentioned is a no fly zone and controlled by military.

Hi everyone,

I have been to Thailand last week and had a bad experience when I doing island hopping. Majority of the island I went is a no fly zone. There's No Drones signs everywhere. If you went to a private island with no National Park Ranger you are able to fly but Phi Phi island, Tub Island, Chicken Island, Poda island and Phra Nang Beach is a no fly zone. I only managed to fly at Ao Nang Beach and Tiger Cave Temple.

Hi Guys,
i'm new in this Forum. I just receive my Mavic PRO (for next Christmass :) and we plan to trip to Thailand in January (bangkok, chiang mai, kho lanta) for 3 weeks. I would like to know if you encounter some troubles with national flight compagnies security with your drone ?
Tks

Hi Guys,
i'm new in this Forum. I just receive my Mavic PRO (for next Christmass :) and we plan to trip to Thailand in January (bangkok, chiang mai, kho lanta) for 3 weeks. I would like to know if you encounter some troubles with national flight compagnies security with your drone ?
Tks
NO trouble at all. bringing it in.

I'll be entering Thailand Dec. 15. I've read quite a bit about having to register any drone with a camera, but seems like that it doesn't take effect until January. The reports here don't seem to sound like anyone has had any problems recently. If anyone knows differently though, please let me know. Even if I can't fly in Thailand, I'm also traveling to Cambodia and should be able to use the drone there I believe.

What time is the sunrise there? I'd go there at 5-6 am when there's no people and I'd fly it anyway.

Certainly in Phi Phi the parks staff are working well before dawn and early boat trips are already in full swing to beat the crowds

I registered 2 drones on the 5th of jan at the local police station, Just did all the paperwork for each and printed pics of both drones,
Seems there was an officer at this station who was responsible for this and told the last date for registration was the 9th jan and when asked what would happen if someone wanted to register after the 9th he answered no idea, He also said this whole registration process was a complete cluster...k,
Anyway all he did was sign the papers and wrote his private mobile number saying if i had any probs to call him.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carlos22