DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't read unless you like long range

In the video posted by Justinewidebody a distance of 36.383 ft has been reached after 15.45 min. flight time, i.e. before the RC disconnection. So I believe that DJI has wisely implemented a distance limit to protect the bird from those who want to beat distance records forgetting that the bird itself should also be able to return to home .......

Reactions: jagraphics
In the video posted by Justinewidebody a distance of 36.383 ft has been reached after 15.45 min. flight time, i.e. before the RC disconnection. So I believe that DJI has wisely implemented a distance limit to protect the bird from those who want to beat distance records forgetting that the bird itself should also be able to return to home .......
that distance was achieved with a modified battery. So no, DJI didn't not predict that...

As the title says, the mavic air 2 has a hard coded 11km distance limiter. At least five people have hit it... The air 2 losses signal and returns home no mater what.

I know this video will generate a lot of hate, but some people will want to know before purchasing the air 2.

So what hate mail were you expecting, being from Florida? The VLOS, or the almost 1300 feet AGL. I guess just to prove a point,
if you were to hit a small plane or helicopter at that far away you would have just assumed loss of signal,
and wondered where the hell my drone landed.

Next we will have Type Approval and unauthorised mods banned. the Aircraft industry and Regulators get like that when amateurs start modifying aircraft.

No they don't you can modify your own aircraft. It won't be certified, and it will be classified as experimental along with given limitations, but there is no regulation to stop you.

The drone police are out in force in this one. Sheesh!
Also the actual police and they hassle all of us when some one person does something stupid.

If people find way to modify drones to fly illegally then they change the rules so it is not possible again. This could involve making some dron es no longer legal which directly affects anyone using them commercially.

So you would be fine with a 2021 Camaro with a top speed of 70mph right?....you know....since it is within legal limits.
But aren't there places you can use all the horsepower of the Camaro legally (things called drag strips with test and tunes)?

I don't believe artificial limits should be placed on anything but sorry your analogy does not work for this.

You can legally fly 10km away using multiple spotters and cell phones.
Just like you can go to the dragstrip, so yes, my analogy does apply :p
The FAA agrees with commenters that, as proposed, the regulatory text of § 107.31 was unclear because it implied that either the operator or visual observer (but not both) had to be positioned in a manner that allowed for visual line of sight. Accordingly, the FAA has amended the regulatory text of § 107.31 to clarify that all crewmembers must have the ability to maintain visual line of sight.

So no, your analogy does not apply :p

Last edited:
The vlos topic has been beaten to death, revived, beaten to death again and resurrected on the 5864th day, beaten to death again. We get it, the law is the law. Illegal is illegal. It’s originally about a technical specification (potential straight line limitation of a particular model of drone flight) that is not subject to law but is forcefully brought into the discussion. Let’s stay on topic.

You can legally fly 10km away using multiple spotters and cell phones.
Just like you can go to the dragstrip, so yes, my analogy does apply :p
Not in every country man... not here for sure.
I am just sorry I was late to this party before all the regs came down, and of course, the clock is ticking.

Reactions: SXViper03 and bonzo
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven