DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Don't read unless you like long range

Has anyone here dabbled in flying from the passenger seat of a car? I tested it out with a relatively short trip on Monday, and now I'm plotting a full fledged range test. I already have a long section of straight gravel road picked out. I don't want to do this on a highway because I want to be able to drive the same speed as the drone in normal mode and avoid pulling over all the time.

Any guesses on the range I'm able to get? I expect to have a tailwind of 5-15 mph when I do it.

Perhaps what you should instead be doing is contacting the drone manufacturers direct and tell them by manufacturing these drones and giving them the capabilities of flying beyond VLOS that THEY are infact breaking the law! We'll soon see how that affects the drone hobbyist!
They are not breaking the law.
Otherwise any firearm manufacturer is making something that is designed to and can kill people. Therefore.....
Let's leave it there :)

You should be able to get 28km would be my guess.

Has anyone here dabbled in flying from the passenger seat of a car? I tested it out with a relatively short trip on Monday, and now I'm plotting a full fledged range test. I already have a long section of straight gravel road picked out. I don't want to do this on a highway because I want to be able to drive the same speed as the drone in normal mode and avoid pulling over all the time.

Any guesses on the range I'm able to get? I expect to have a tailwind of 5-15 mph when I do it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde