DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downgrading firmware??

MET

Reactions
Has anyone downgraded their firmware to before the version that came out last December which included more GEO fencing restrictions. I've always done all of the upgrades but now I'm having difficulties flying in my backyard even though I'm 7 miles from a small airport. Never had this problem before. I'm right on the line between restricted and non-restricted. I've received permission from DJI to fly in the restricted area but this area is only about a mile in diameter so when I fly, I can only fly in this small area. I've checked with DJI and there is no way to fly out of the restricted area to a non-restricted area. I can fly from the non-restricted area to the restricted area but cannot get back out. This makes no sense at all. Any comments would be appreciated.

Yes, many folks have downgraded and customized firmware parameters, mixed or removed modules, etc. There are multiple options to do it depending on what firmware you wish to end up with. 1.03.0700 is very popular. Here is more information. DJIGo4 is also able to be 'customized' to a certain extent. There is no more risk to the AC than there is with any normal update procedure. FYI for newer MP1s you have to open up the AC and insert an SD card. I don't think any procedures have been developed for the MP2 yet. Simply downgrading firmware will NOT remove flight restrictions.

Last edited:
Yes, many folks have downgraded and customized firmware parameters, mixed or removed modules, etc. There are multiple options to do it depending on what firmware you wish to end up with. 1.03.0700 is very popular. Here is more information. DJIGo4 is also able to be 'customized' to a certain extent. There is no more risk to the AC than there is with any normal update procedure. FYI for newer MP1s you have to open up the AC and insert an SD card. I don't think any procedures have been developed for the MP2 yet. Simply downgrading firmware will NOT remove flight restrictions.

Thanks for the comment but just a little confused on your last sentence "downgrading firmware will NOT remove flight restrictions". My hope is that if I go back to the firmware pre December that I won't have the additional restrictions DJI added for flightpaths that extend out to almost 10 miles from the airport. Will that restriction be there or not??

Reactions: Arcadias
Thanks for the comment but just a little confused on your last sentence "downgrading firmware will NOT remove flight restrictions". My hope is that if I go back to the firmware pre December that I won't have the additional restrictions DJI added for flightpaths that extend out to almost 10 miles from the airport. Will that restriction be there or not??

What you want to downgradeis the Fly Safe Database updates, but I'm not sure how to... I'm also looking for a way to do it, if it's even possible?

Hi There, did you ever figure out how to roll back the fly safe database? We have the same issue. Two drones, one we updated so no longer works at our house (NFZ), the other we did not and thus it still flies in that zone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roligtroll