DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downgrading Mavic 3 from 700 / 800 firmware?

Hi. I'm from Ukraine too, and have the same problems. Can you please help me too.
The only thing I can say you - if you'll downgrade fw from 700 to at least 600, you'll save hundreds of lifes. For real.
Hey bro! Слава Україні!

Reactions: anlenke
@Lasidora @zeusfl @Suren
Ok guys, can you please describe your experience of downgrading in detail? Which version you had and which version you tried to downgrade to and what exactly you received in the end? I want to know what scenario I should prepare myself for, since in my situation I definitely don't want to get a brick since it's not only quite expensive to replace M3 here but it's quite hard to find a new one because of a deficit.
If you are on the latest version you cannot downgrade past firmware version 0700 even using dronehacks. see my reply about it when i tried 2 days ago. The Anti-Rollback value will stop you. If you can get your hands on the DroneHacks app version 1.2.5, that might work. I tried with version 1.2.7.

Hello,
I'm also looking for solution for mavic 3 downgrade,
why dh 1.2.5 might work ? I see rollback value options in UI too.
I'm curious, in what step antirolback value checked, is it flashing application or internal firmware taks ?
if it's application so we could force to upgrade outside ( patched DH ? ), but if it's internal check, we need to hack it internally somehow.

Hello,
I'm also looking for solution for mavic 3 downgrade,
why dh 1.2.5 might work ? I see rollback value options in UI too.
I'm curious, in what step antirolback value checked, is it flashing application or internal firmware taks ?
if it's application so we could force to upgrade outside ( patched DH ? ), but if it's internal check, we need to hack it internally somehow.
I recommended DH 1.2.5 because I used it before to downgrade Mavic 3. I don't have it anymore to test. If the app shows an Anti Rollback value of 1 in the drone and the Firmware you want to install shows an Anti Rollback value of 0 then it won't install. Both, the drone value and firmware value has to match.

Unless there are other shenanigans the firmware can be rolled back after about a year.

A new firmware usually provokes the old one to be retired.

I recommended DH 1.2.5 because I used it before to downgrade Mavic 3. I don't have it anymore to test. If the app shows an Anti Rollback value of 1 in the drone and the Firmware you want to install shows an Anti Rollback value of 0 then it won't install. Both, the drone value and firmware value has to match.
Thank you for reply.
Do you remember from what version to what version you did rollback ?

here is https://drone-hacks.com/release/win/dh-win-v1.25.exe
could you check it on your side ?

Very interesting stuff ! - does the 0600 firmware work with the DJI RC controller ?? - thx Paul

Unless there are other shenanigans the firmware can be rolled back after about a year.

A new firmware usually provokes the old one to be retired.
Yes that is true but in this case Dji put in an Anti Rollback value in the new FW.
Thank you for reply.
Do you remember from what version to what version you did rollback ?

here is https://drone-hacks.com/release/win/dh-win-v1.25.exe
could you check it on your side ?
I could rollback from 0655 all the way to 0100. After FW 0680, rollback was block, could still go back but was getting GPS module errors.

For my tries, downgrading from 0700 and 0800 to any firmware lower than 0700 has failed because of what I posted above. I have not found a way as yet.
Have you found anything yet? In case you did, please let us know, you will save a lot of lifes!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98