DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Downloaded DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic Air Inspire is the only choice.

Will the software allow me to choose the right Drone Model?

• Yes go ahead connect

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • This is normal its a default

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

GSBUF18

Reactions
Downloaded DJI Assistant 2. When the software opens the only choice is connect your Inspire. I have the Mavic Air. Is the Inspire prompt just a default should I continue with the update?

Read the prompt again... it's just a link to the specific steps for an Inspire. Plug in the USB, hope it connects, if it doesn't you have a whole world of USB driver trouble ahead of you..

power on the AC when connected via usb to the computer, have a 100% AC battery before updating

I have had my MP for over a year and I have NEVER been able to use the DJI Assistant 2 program on my PC but have never had any usb issues whatsoever.
I deleted the program from my PC and just use the DJI Go4 app on my iPad mini4 or my Samsung S7. Both work fine for updates.

The DJI Assistant 2 application has many uses, not just for updating. For example, you can downgrade firmware or 'refresh' it if you're having problems. You can access your controller's 'secret' flight logs, it has a flight simulator that uses your controller for 'real life' simulation, you can upload your flight logs to the cloud, you can review your 'blackbox' and flight log data and hack your flight parameters if such things interest you.

I understand all that, but the issue is that even though I had installed that DJI Assistant 2 program on 3 different PC's using 3 different operating systems, NONE of them would show me ANYTHING except that stupid Inspire 1 screen with absolutely no way to select anything else.
Samsung S7 and iPad mini work every time.
Go figure.

On the windows side I believe the issue is one of signed drivers. There was a post here about how to get around the non signed drivers issue. It would so simple if DJI just went ahead and had the drivers digitally signed.

I own both a Spark and MPP, The assistant works only on my Surface Pro 2, win 10, other PC's the connection never seems to work. However Assistant works fine on my MacPro, which surprised me as many complain about Mac issues also.

It's a bit strange to me that DJI just won't fix the issue around signing drivers, as there are thousands of examples of lesser technology that will work fine. DJI has excellent tech built into their products, but are a bit sloppy IMO around issues like Assistant 2 or even the Firmware update process (via wifi) On my iPad, when I attempt to update the no fly data base, (something that always seems to need updating) sometimes it will download, other times it just sits there showing nothing is downloading. But I have also realized that many times, it's still downloading, just not showing any progress. When you disconnect and re-connect many times the data base has downloaded, and just wants to install.

Paul Caldwell

OP, Take a closer look. You have to be missing something. DJI assist 2 in in use on 10's of thousands of computers with no issues. It has to be something on your end.

I'm on Windows 10, never had an issue with driver installation. @BerndM What OS's have you tried?
I have win 10 on all my machines. For some reason I get a driver issue on my Asus machines, but no problems with Surface Pro, or Macbook Pro running Boot camp.

I just use the Surface 2 as I have never had any issues with either my Spark or Mavic on it.

Paul Caldwell

I have tried Windows XP, Vista, 7 and 10 on 4 different PC's
Total failure on all showing only the Inspire startup screen and no way to get past it.
:(

Have you tried using this cable connecting some other device e.g. smartphone to your PC? Have you tried a different cable to connect your drone?

When you connect your drone, do you get the usual 'ding-ding-dong' from Windows recognising that something has been connected? If so, do you see any devices with a yellow exclamation point next to them listed in Device Manager (right click START > Device Manager)?

I understand all that, but the issue is that even though I had installed that DJI Assistant 2 program on 3 different PC's using 3 different operating systems, NONE of them would show me ANYTHING except that stupid Inspire 1 screen with absolutely no way to select anything else.
Samsung S7 and iPad mini work every time.
Go figure.
Sorry, you are not the OP!
When you download DJI assist and start it up, You see a circle picture telling you to connect your drone to the USB. The tiny blue words below that circle are instructions for the inspire 2.
You do not select anything, the software detects your AC all by itself.
When at the circle screen, plug in the drone, power it up and wait. I just did it on a new windows all in one computer running windows 10 without a problem.
IF your drone does not connect, make sure you are not using one of those cheap "charge only" android cables. It has to support data transfer!

I'm also stuck on the Inspire screen with Assistant 2 - using the original DJI USB cable - tried all USB ports.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe