DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Dragon Touch Tablet (GPS + HDMI out)

shawn67

Reactions
Wanting a bit larger screen than my iPhone I decided to get a cheap tablet to use. I just received a Dragon Touch V10 from Amazon for $99. 10 inch screen, 1GB ram, 16GB storage and it has built in GPS as well as a HDMI output on it. A little bit lower resolution at 1280x800 but the screen still looks good from the Mavic. Only a couple of quick test flights so far but it seems to work without getting laggy video or dropouts.

If anyone else is looking be aware another company has a tablet model V10 which appears to be different as it does not have GPS and it has an earlier version of Android on it.

Dragon Touch also has X10 series of tablets but from what I can see they do not have built in GPS. Dragon Touch have 8" models with HDMI out and GPS in the M8. I think they have a S8 that does not have GPS built in.

Hope this helps,

Shawn

Wanting a bit larger screen than my iPhone I decided to get a cheap tablet to use. I just received a Dragon Touch V10 from Amazon for $99. 10 inch screen, 1GB ram, 16GB storage and it has built in GPS as well as a HDMI output on it. A little bit lower resolution at 1280x800 but the screen still looks good from the Mavic. Only a couple of quick test flights so far but it seems to work without getting laggy video or dropouts.

If anyone else is looking be aware another company has a tablet model V10 which appears to be different as it does not have GPS and it has an earlier version of Android on it.

Dragon Touch also has X10 series of tablets but from what I can see they do not have built in GPS. Dragon Touch have 8" models with HDMI out and GPS in the M8. I think they have a S8 that does not have GPS built in.

Hope this helps,

Shawn
How is it working for you? I saw that tablet on amazon and thought about it.

According to Droid Info it is the MT8163 CPU. Working OK so far but I only received it today.

Shawn

According to Droid Info it is the MT8163 CPU. Working OK so far but I only received it today.

Shawn
So I'm interested to know if you're still using that same tablet and how it's working for you or how things turned out heading towards the end of 2017

I’m glad this popped up as I am also searchig for an inexpensive tablet that can be dedicated to my MP.

Still using it. Sometimes I have to restart the DJI app to get the initial connection up but after that it is fine. The tablet charges when it is plugged into the remote so it does pull down the remote a little quicker. No complaints though, works well and the screen is much nicer than my iPhone. Lately I have been using the DJU Goggles.

Interesting.
I just went through 2 dragon touch 8" tablets. One was the X80 and the other was DT-X8 and both had the 6.0 marshmallow which I thought would work but the go app constantly crashes. The X80 was better but kept losing signal
I think the V10 has the Nougat 7 and heard that didn't work in the Nvidia Shield K1
I need the hdmi out either mini or normal size
Is the V10 still good? msinger has it listed in tablets to use but only for the go app not the go app 4

Hope this helps,

Shawn

I switched to an 8 inch, ASUS ZenPad Z8 (CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 652 Octa-Core, 1.8 GH) tablet. I purchased it through my verizon account, so it has WiFi and a data plan which is nice. My only real complaint is that the back button and the home button are not back lit so they are already hard to see in daylight, impossible in the dark. Other than that, the tablet is pretty awesome. I use in conjunction with a Mav Mount

I switched to an 8 inch, ASUS ZenPad Z8 (CPU: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 652 Octa-Core, 1.8 GH) tablet. I purchased it through my verizon account, so it has WiFi and a data plan which is nice. My only real complaint is that the back button and the home button are not back lit so they are already hard to see in daylight, impossible in the dark. Other than that, the tablet is pretty awesome. I use in conjunction with a Mav Mount
Does it have the HDMI output?

Does it have the HDMI output?

No it does not. But I never use that feature on my other devices, so it did not come up as a concern for me. It might for others though. I guess if you want to directly connect to a TV. I always shoot in 4k with color mode set to D-Cinelike. So that being the case my raw video looks very flat and colorless when raw

I need one with the mini or full size hdmi like the op was stating
I've tried 2 of the 8" dragon touch tablets but seems they don't like the go 4 app
But i was able to use the goggles and switch the hdmi to 720p.
Don't really want a 10" tablet
Only other tablet I'm aware of is the nvidea shield K1 but it's over $200 used just to use my goggles.

I need one with the mini or full size hdmi like the op was stating
I've tried 2 of the 8" dragon touch tablets but seems they don't like the go 4 app
But i was able to use the goggles and switch the hdmi to 720p.
Don't really want a 10" tablet
Only other tablet I'm aware of is the nvidea shield K1 but it's over $200 used just to use my goggles.

I am confused, why to you need an HDMI port for goggle usage. I use my goggles with my Mavic but did not use anything HDMI related. Am I missing our on a feature?

I am confused, why to you need an HDMI port for goggle usage. I use my goggles with my Mavic but did not use anything HDMI related. Am I missing our on a feature?
I don't like the dji goggles even though they're wireless so I'm selling them with my P3A
I used avegant glyph goggles with my P3A and added the hdmi module and it's in 720p.
Actually after all this I might sell my mavic pro and keep the P3A.

Another member had a cool idea and using a hdmi dongle to mirror cast the screen image
It worked but the glyphs only accept 720p and not 1080p

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000